· Are you an experienced Data professional?
· Would you like to join a highly specialised and expert Data team?
· Are you interested in joining a firm that delivers award winning training and opportunities for career progression?
We are currently seeking to hire a number of Data Engineers to join our clients’ Management Consulting team, based in Dublin. We are looking for professionals at Consultant / Senior Consultant level, with deep technical expertise, coupled with strong communication skills, dedicated to becoming leaders in their fields.
Who You Are:
You are a results-oriented, data and technology native, motivated by utilising Big Data tools and technologies, to advise and deliver best of breed data strategies and outcomes. You live and breathe data, have a problem-solving mindset and are continuously learning. You likely have a computer science, applied maths, engineering or similar academic background. You are hands on and know that attention to detail and accuracy of execution are key to success. Engineering the data pipeline is your focus. You will have a software engineering mindset, whereby you think in terms of building robust, future proofed solutions.
You enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams, of fellow data engineers, data scientists, AI specialists and business and process SMEs. You understand that delivery is a team sport and work collaboratively to achieve sustainable results, while learning from and mentoring your colleagues. You have a growth mindset and want to be part of a team that is innovative, yet confident in high quality delivery.
Key Technical Skills:
· Database technologies, RDBMS, Graph, Columnar, NoSQL
· Big Data Technologies, Hive, Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Python , Java
· Data Visualizaton Technologoies: Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, D3
· Knowledge/Experience with SSIS, SSAS & SSRS tools
· Experience in Data Modelling and Data wrangling
· Knowledge/Experience of Data Pipelines and handling Streaming Datasets.
· Familiarity/Experience with one or more ETL tools: Teradata, Informatica, Ab-Initio, Talend, Sqoop, Flume
· Proficiency in SQL, Oracle, PL-SQL or similar relational databases.
· Knowledge of structured, unstructured and semi-structured dat
· Deep knowledge and expertise in data analysis
· Working knowledge of Star & Snowflake schema database design
Good to have skills:
· Data in Cloud
· AWS, Azure Databases, GCP
· Data Wrangling
· Data Migration Tools Experience
What you will be doing:
You will be working as part of a wider team, dedicated to helping clients formulate and deliver on their strategic objectives, through the application of best in class data technologies, frameworks and approaches. You will assess the client data and technology landscape, determine optimum solutions, formulate and deliver on an agreed plan. You will be responsible for ensuring data integrity, building data environments and flows to deliver data for consumption. You will design, develop and implement data lead solutions to client functional and industry requirements. Adept at data visualisation, you will tell the data story.
You will be conversant with the continuously changing data and technology landscape to stay at the forefront of your field. You will be responsible for meticulously managing the data pipeline from end to end, resolving any issues in a typically fast paced environment.
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this Technology job, please contact John Howe on +353 1 592 7868 or email