Would you like to go to brightwaterNI.com
It looks like you are in the UK...
Go to brightwaterNI.com
Stay on this Site
+353 1 662 1000
+353 21 422 1000
+44 28 90 325 325
Tel +353 1 662 1000
Tel +353 21 422 1000
Tel +44 28 90 325 325
Register / Sign in
Submit a CV
Submit Your Job Spec
Find a Job
Connacht (ex. Galway)
Leinster (ex. Dublin)
Munster (ex. Cork)
Republic of Ireland
Ulster (ex. NI)
Northern Ireland (*)
FIND YOUR JOB
Browse jobs by specialisms
My Recent Searches
Browse Jobs by Category
Compliance and Risk
Request a Call Back
Discuss this role with a consultant.
Prefered time to call back
Request a Callback
Back to all search results
Vice President - Tax
Highly Competitive Package
29 Sep 2021
Vice President - Tax
About the Company
Brightwater Executive has been exclusively retained in the search for a new VP of Tax with one of the world’s largest money managers
About the Position
This key role will lead the oversight and operational tax governance activities for their Irish domiciled UCITS and QIF funds including on-going supervision of outsourced service providers; maintenance of their tax governance framework and maintenance of the fund structure from a legal and regulatory point of view.
This position will also play a vital role in team as a Designated Person for Capital and Financial Management for the Management Company. The ideal candidate will manage the oversight of their financial and capital reporting obligations within their fund management company, along with their fund accounting and regulatory reporting across their range of product types including UCITS and AIFs. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Board and other Designated Persons.
• Ensure that the international funds are well positioned for the current tax environment and forthcoming tax changes.
• Build strong relationships with the wider corporate tax teams to ensure that the international funds receive timely tax advice when needed.
• Oversight, governance and management of outsourced tax services and tax advisor relationships
• Design, build and maintain a fund tax governance framework
• Primary responsibility for fund related tax matters, specifically in relation to investment related tax, investor related tax and Fund tax
• Be a key point of escalation with the wider operations team
• Oversee the Capital and Financial Management function on a day-to-day basis in line with the Business Plan and the UCITS/AIFMD regulations
• Interacting with the other Designated Persons and report to the Board, as appropriate on activities and findings
• Timely and accurate reporting to the Board and CBI for relevant regulatory reporting associated with responsibilities
• Key point of contact for tax accounting and regulatory fund disclosures
• Assist with the oversight of outsourced fund services, including fund accountants, auditors and tax advisors.
• Work with each investment manager on day to day requests and new sub-fund launches
• Dual qualified CTA and ACA / ACCA / ACMA or similar with ideally 8 - 10+ years’ post qualified experience in the asset management industry.
• Experience working in an asset manager Top 6 audit / advisory firms, Fund Administrator, 3rd Party Fund ManCo or Corporate Services provider
• Comprehensive understanding of UCITS and AIFs
• In house tax experience in an asset management context (desirable)
• Stakeholder management, internal and external relationships including accountants, auditors and tax advisors
• High energy, enthusiastic, high quality interpersonal skills, especially influencing and communication skills
• Ability to multitask, work collaboratively in team environment as well as independently
Highly competitive package
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this role, please contact Warren Hilton on + 353 1 592 7882 or email