About the Position
Reporting directly to the Accounting Team Lead, the GL Accountant will be responsible for completing general accounting and financial reporting activities.
• Execute entity accounting activities such as general ledger closing activities (i.e. journal entries and account reconciliations), intercompany recharge activity and performing ad hoc support activities
• Complete adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls.
• Full ownership of statutory reporting preparation, compliance activities and governance processes for specific entities and support any associated audits
• Maintain ledgers within SAP, providing records of assets, liabilities and transactions
• Liaise with all stakeholders in a promtly manner
• Ensure that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards
• Achieve deadlines set by leadership and raise instances where deadlines cannot be met in a timely fashion
• Actively work as a team member, demonstrating effective teamwork and relationship building
• Support annual US GAAP audit process
• Indirect tax return review
• Compliance with internal controls (SOX)
Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting (or local equivalent)
• Professional accountancy Qualification such as, CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA preferred
Minimum Experience (years and type):
• 0-2 years' experience in a relevant finance and/or accounting role, preferably in a GBS environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•SAP Experience a plus.
•Strong enterprise business acumen, knowledge and understanding of work processes performed by Finance.
•In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations.
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, supervisors and customers.
•Strong analytical and time management skills.
•Read, write and speak English. Additional language skills a plus
Technical – competencies and degree of proficiency.
• Microsoft Office Suite
•SAP – preferred.
Trinseo is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by partnering with like-minded stakeholders, and supporting the sustainability goals of our customers in a wide range of end-markets including automotive, consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices, packaging, footwear, carpet, paper and board, building and construction, and tires.
With the May 2021 acquisition of the PMMA Business, the Company’s global footprint consists of 24 manufacturing sites around the world, and approximately 3,500 employees – allowing the ability to quickly respond to customers’ needs, no matter where they are in the world.
Fast Facts about Trinseo
Net sales of $3.0 billion (2020)
• Approximately 3,500 employees
• 24 manufacturing sites, 14 research and development facilities
Our Core Values:
• RESPONSIBLE CARE®, RESPECT AND INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND VALUE CREATION, INNOVATION, COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS
For a confidential discussion, please contact Annita McGettigan on 01 5927854 or email [email protected]