Land Surveyor needed on a two-year fixed term basis. The role will be based in Offaly. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering efficient and cost-effective professional land and engineering survey services for projects and business developments.
• Support Land in the delivery of the Rehabilitation and Decommissioning project.
• Deliver land and engineering survey services for operations, projects and business development
• Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to define and achieve survey service goals.
• Capture, analyse and interpret datasets including topographical survey data to assist Engineering with regard to the cost-effective planning and efficient design of projects.
• Assess qualities of peat deposits according to the Von Post Field Test and interpret results to determine suitability of peat to assist the Energy Business Unit in developing restoration plans and to fulfil contracted requirements.
• Support Ecology Department in the implementation of bog rehabilitation and restoration plans
• 3 years’ relevant experience in Land & Engineering Surveying
• Survey grade GPS, total stations (conventional and robotic), theodolites, levels (precise and digital), laser devices and the checking, adjustment, and calibration of same
• Proficient in digital processing and manipulation of survey data, preparation, and presentation of AutoCAD drawings
• Knowledge and understanding of GIS systems and the ability to translate survey data both from and into GIS systems
• Knowledge and understanding of various forms of property ownership and title within the state
• Knowledge and understanding of environmental licencing and health and safety legislation
• Knowledge and understanding of development and construction methodologies for peatlands restoration/rehabilitation, IPC / IPPC licences and peat classification according to the Von Post Scale would be a distinct advantage.
• A full clean driving licence is required for the role
€40,000 - 46,000
Please call Diarmuid O'Mahony on 01 5927888 or email on [email protected] for more information.