Would you like to go to brightwaterNI.com
It looks like you are in the UK...
Go to brightwaterNI.com
Stay on this Site
+353 1 662 1000
+353 21 422 1000
+44 28 90 325 325
Tel +353 1 662 1000
Tel +353 21 422 1000
Tel +44 28 90 325 325
Register / Sign in
Submit a CV
Submit Your Job Spec
Find a Job
Connacht (ex. Galway)
Leinster (ex. Dublin)
Munster (ex. Cork)
Republic of Ireland
Ulster (ex. NI)
Northern Ireland (*)
FIND YOUR JOB
Browse jobs by specialisms
My Recent Searches
Browse Jobs by Category
Compliance and Risk
Request a Call Back
Discuss this role with a consultant.
Prefered time to call back
Request a Callback
Back to all search results
13 Sep 2021
VP - NAV
The Vice President of the NAV Team will actively contribute to the quality control process to ensure that both the NAV Team and Company are working towards a “zero error” environment. The Vice President is responsible for the day-to-day running of the department, as well as being a primary point of contact for our clients. The Vice President is also responsible for coordinating and implementing change within the department to enhance and evolve the department. The Vice President must also be involved in all aspects of the company’s overall goals and strategy.
Coordination and management of the workload for your assigned NAV team
• Coordinate regular team meetings to plan for new business, products and structures as well as discussing existing business and current processes
• Regular department and intercompany meetings to ensure the smooth flow of information where the Nav department are required to be involved
• Annual performance reviews for all direct reports and informal reviews as required.
• Identification of knowledge gaps within the NAV team and coordinating suitable training plans to address any gaps and team members development
• Recruitment of staff for the NAV team and coordinating their assimilation into the team
• Coordination of training and assist in planning to adopt any new functionality and systems.
• Maintenance of department and fund specific procedures
• Standardisation of all processes where possible within the department, and alignment of processes with those of other NAV and operational teams
• Actively participate in the control team to ensure that all procedures are up to date and consistent with company requirements, policies, and best practice
• Main point of contact for assigned client queries and maintaining the client relationship
• Representing the department in client meetings and due diligence visits
• Maintaining fund documentation and client agreements in relation to any exceptions and departmental changes to processes, procedures, and controls
• Identify system limitations; suggest methods and/or implement changes to overcome them.
• Assist in planning and coordination of system development and testing.
At least 10 years fund industry knowledge, with at least 4 years experience of staff supervision, including knowledge of Hedge funds and oversight requirements
• Ability to manage client relationships and extensive experience of dealing directly with clients and external parties
• Experience of interacting and working closely with departments outside of their own
• Be identified as a leader and show strong leadership skills by demonstrating to staff commitment to the company’s goals
• Be client and solution focused in understanding their, and the companies, needs and requirements
• Be innovative and open to change by always looking to enhance our internal and external capabilities.
• Extensive Fund Administration experience, to include detailed knowledge of all security types and performance fee methodologies
• Superior time management to allow for ad hoc tasks to be completed outside the general day to day Nav production schedule
• Up to date with current market developments – regulatory and economic
Desirable Key Requirements
• Third level or professional qualification desirable
• Experience in dealing with different fund administration systems, including Advent Geneva
• Decision making
• Take ownership and responsibility
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Solving
• Organisational skills
An attractive and competitive package is on offer for the ideal candidate.
For more information on this or any other roles please contact
Tom Guilfoyle tel:0035315927887 or email
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website;