Our client a leading reinsurance company based in South Dublin are hiring an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate has a good attention to detail, is able to juggle multiple tasks and has a can-do attitude. Excellent culture, training and promotion possibilities are on offer to the successful candidate
The purpose of the role is to assist in the following:
• Assist month-end financial reporting functions, which may include any or all the following:
o preparation of general ledger uploads; reconciling various ledger accounts
o updating, reconciling, and recording financial results
o analysis, compiling and reporting of data based on a US GAAP and Statutory basis
o reconciliation of various accounts
o Performs monthly administration tasks which include settlement processing, confirmation of supporting data, treaty compliance, documentation, recording and reconciling information to the general ledger as applicable
• Assist in the preparation of the Financial Statements.
• Monthly Reporting is completed timely and accurately and in accordance with Group and Local
• Participate in preparing quarterly Board Packs including reviewing annual financial and accounting
• Accounting for EMEA payroll
• Financial Analysis as per business needs and as directed to by the Head of
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Qualified with a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Part Qualified Accountant
• PeopleSoft or other accounting software applications experience
• Strong software applications skills: MS Excel, MS Word;
• Insurance/Reinsurance financial reporting experience an advantage
• Ability to perform accounting analysis and provide written explanations of actual results to plan
• Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
• Good oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie