Remote working available with the need to be in the office in Cork a couple of times a month.
My client is globally recognised company and they are now looking for an ‘all round’ technologist who will need to support networks, software and the overall solution in a ‘blue sky’ setting.
The Solution Architect will develop technical solutions to meet the needs of new clients and transformation solutions for existing clients with a strong focus on supporting business development and presales activities for the Irish market.
This includes the following
• Technical solution design to meet new business requirements through a formal tender / proposal process.
• Technical transformation solution design for existing clients where this may improve revenue and / or customer satisfaction.
• Development of technical transformation solutions across the business to support our strategy.
• Close alignment with all stakeholders / work stream owners who will support the tender / proposal process.
• Close alignment with the Sales team to support pre-sales activities including the communication of solution design internally and to prospective and existing clients when required.
• Research and analysis of both client specific and industry requirements regarding the development and delivery of technical solutions.
• Pricing of technical solutions to feed into the overall tender process.
• Responsible for the design of the technical solution regarding new tender / proposal initiatives.
• Responsible for the design of transformational technical solutions for our existing clients with an emphasis on revenue generation / customer satisfaction improvements.
• Working closely with all key stakeholders / work stream owners to design, agree and sign off on a solution for tenders / proposals.
• Working closely with the sales team to provide recommended solutions for specific customer requirements with a strong emphasis on business and commercial constraints. This will include demonstrations of the solution internally and externally.
• Work closely with the Commercial team to provide setup and ongoing costs for the proposed solution.
• Designing the system architecture and integration of the IT solution components and responsible for ensuring that all the components of the solution integrate together cohesively.
• Clearly and concisely documenting the solution for a tender / proposal submission.
• Stay ahead of emerging technologies and work closely with internal solution architects and product owners across the Group.
Person Specification & Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a Solutions Architect role.
• Experience in Business Process Outsourcing and / or multi sector / managed service experience will be highly valuable and represents a significant advantage.
• Sales and client facing skills with the ability to demonstrate and present technical, operational and people solutions to internal and external audiences
• Must be self-motivated, have an ability to work well in a team environment, must exhibit a positive and professional attitude, and pay attention to detail.
• Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster relationships at all levels within the business.
• Accepts ownership and accountability for the quality of the solution and meeting agreed timelines.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to articulate the customers’ requirements in terms of a winning solution.
• Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive
• Ability to perform and work well under pressure
• Project and time management skills to co-ordinate the design, agreement and sign off of the solution across multiple stakeholders in a short time frame.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and fluent in English
• Degree in ICT or similar.
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this Technology job, please contact John Howe on +353 1 592 7868 or email