Job Title: Commercial Strategy Programme Manager
About the Company
Our client is a privately owned, multinational group head quartered in Ireland which operates through six divisions worldwide across four main technology areas; Heating & Ventilation, Consumer Appliances, Flame and Precision Cooling. Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of electric heating appliances and is a global leader in the development and delivery of low carbon solutions for space and water heating, cooling and ventilation. Through its solutions and services, our client is helping its customers transition to a more sustainable world.
The Strategic Business Development Hub will identify and scope growth opportunities for the Group, working in collaboration with the Group divisions, whilst allowing them to focus on their own shorter term road maps. The main areas of focus for the Hub are: Markets (i.e. International growth, new markets, maximising value in existing markets) via Technology and new potentially disruptive, business models.
The Hub will develop a healthy and dynamic pipeline of opportunities which will be assessed through a robust funnel process using innovative tools and models. This a highly dynamic and agile function which has the freedom to think creatively and innovatively, testing and validating new value creation opportunities. The Hub is committed to developing and incubating business initiatives to deliver significant turnover and operating profit to the divisional P&Ls within the next 5 years and recurring annually thereafter.
This is an exciting role for a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and an entrepreneurial flair who thrives in fast paced environment.
The Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A strong strategic thinker, with the experience and skills to support the Group divisions in driving and maximising their strategic growth plans, in the mid to long term, through organic growth, disruptive growth and acquisitions.
- Experienced in assessing the viability of potential opportunities and initiatives including products and services for new and existing markets, new and emerging technologies and alternative / disruptive business models.
- Strong track record in developing and managing value-add relationships with internal and external stakeholders locally and internationally.
- Working with and supporting each of the Group divisions in multiple geographies, supporting strong collaboration across commercial strategy and strategic projects initiatives (eg. JVs, acquisitions etc) internationally.
- Skilled in identifying suitable data sources and interpreting relevant drivers such as policies and regulations that impact business and commercial decisions.
- Capable and astute in developing robust processes, tools, and models to interpret complex data, analyse large bodies of information and be competent in generating and effectively communicating key insights and strategic recommendations.
- Able to execute strategic projects from initial scoping phase to business plan delivery. Strong in understanding of all market entry routes (direct, indirect, licensing, joint venture, strategic alliance, owned manufacturing, acquisition etc.) with the ability to build comprehensive business cases and go-to-market plans.
- Adept in leading complex negotiations with consultants, business partners, customers and other relevant parties.
- Possesses a strong understanding of corporate finance phases with the ability to interpret financial information, conduct cost analysis, and develop forecasts, budgets, P&Ls and reports.
- Strong risk analysis skills including KPI metric management, monitoring long-term projects and tracking ROI accurately and effectively.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience working in a similar strategic business role.
- BS/BA in Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline. MBA desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint including building analyses and models.
- Commercially astute with strong numerical / analytical skills.
- Natural trouble-shooter and strong ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience in supporting and enabling strategic decision making.
- Excellent communicator across cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong integrity and great judgement skills.
- Ability to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong in presenting to senior executive level (analysis reports, business presentations etc).
- Highly adaptable and very comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- During Covid and when feasible and within government guidelines, comfortable with international travel (up to circa 25% at peak / busy times).
90,000 Euro - 120,000 Euro + Benefits + Bonus
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact: Alan Finnegan or email or click the apply button below