Head of Finance
About the Company
Brightwater Executive is exclusively retained to search for a newly created Head of Finance for a FinTech business that is a new entrant into the Irish market.
The organisation provides payment services to businesses and currently operates in over 25 countries across Europe. The organisation has developed key partnerships with the world’s leading payments companies and has recently been recognised with significant industry awards.
About the Position
The new Head of Finance will be responsible for the oversight and management of the financial records, financial operations and systems, internal controls and financial reporting of the company.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Finance will deliver accurate and timely financial reporting to support the CEO and senior management team in driving the growth of the business and will ensure all financial operations and activities are conducted in compliance with all regulatory and governance requirements.
This role will be a PCF 11 position.
- Work closely with the CEO and leadership team to develop and implement a business strategy to deliver growth and sustainable profitability
- Own the budgeting activity; setting, managing and reviewing the company’s annual operating plans, multi-year forecasts and strategic business plans
- Develop and implement a Finance governance framework to deliver business strategies and manage financial risks effectively
- Prepare and present management reporting packs to the CEO and senior management team, including detailed commentary and analysis of results
- Manage the month end close, prepare annual financial statements under IFRS
- Ensure that capital and liquidity regulatory requirements are monitored, own the stress tests, recovery and resolution strategy and other regulatory requirements as required by the Central Bank of Ireland
- Oversee and manage relationships with external auditors, tax advisors and any other financial advisory services
- Sit as a non-director member on the board’s Finance & Audit Committee;
- Recruit, train, supervise, lead and develop a Finance team to support the growth of business
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ACMA / CPA) with minimum seven years' post qualified experience, preferably with audit training or significant experience / exposure to audit;
- Extensive experience of financial reporting and governance in a leadership / senior management role within financial services
- Deep knowledge of applicable financial reporting standards and Central Bank of Ireland reporting requirements, PCF 11 holder advantageous;
- Experience of working in or with e-money institutions, and of payment schemes (Visa, Mastercard) operations and processes beneficial;
- A strong track record of stakeholder management. Experience of working as part of an executive team and / or reporting to boards or investors, experience of building strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, developing financial models and commercially savvy committed to transforming / improving processes and controls;
- Experience in building / scaling and transforming Finance teams to reflect the growth and changing needs of a business;
€110,000 - €150,000 with excellent benefits package
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this role, please contact Warren Hilton on + 353 1 592 7882 or email or apply via link
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie