Assistant Financial Accountant
My client, a hotel group based in North Dublin, are looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Accountant.
The successful candidate will be responsible as a support function relating to the companies financial accounting, reporting and control activities and will play an active role in driving the business forward. They will, ideally, have previous hospitality industry experience and must possess strong financial acumen, along with excellent communication, planning, organisation and leadership skills.
· Supervision of all aspects of the recording of financial transactions and bookkeeping
· Assisting in preparing on a periodic basis profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow statements
· Preparing and submitting all relevant statutory reports
· Handling and addressing any and all receiver/auditor requests
· Implementation of strict financial controls and maintenance of the integrity of control systems
· Reconciliation of sales and cash receipts and banking of all takings as well as monitoring debtors
· Accounts payable and maintaining the purchase order system, ensuring compliance to internal control standards
· Ensuring accurate calculation of wages and deductions and compliance with all laws
· Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including (but not limited to) bank reconciliations
· Assisting in production of accurate and timely management accounts
· Assisting in preparing cash flow forecasts, profit and loss forecasts and budgets
· Overseeing IT and financial systems
· Assisting heads of the department to improve their financial awareness and providing them with relevant financial information for their operations
· Other ad hoc duties as may be assigned by the Cluster Financial Controller and/or the hotel’s General Manager
· Minimum 2 years’ working experience, ideally in the hospitality sector but not essential
· Excellent computer-literacy skills, particularly Excel.
· Ability to work independently within the Finance Team and use own initiative
· Excellent Analytical Skills and attention to detail
Excellent salary available for this position
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie