Senior GL Accountant
About the Position
Reporting directly to the Accounting Team Lead the Senior GL Accountant will be responsible for the initial preparation of general accounting and financial reporting activities for assigned entities, including journal entries/reconciliations, statutory reporting/compliance, and other ad-hoc activities.
The Key Responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for maintenance of the GL, intercompany accounting and reconciliations
• Complete adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls framework.
• Lead statutory reporting preparation, compliance activities and governance processes for specific entities and support any associated audits.
• Help to maintain ledgers within SAP, providing accurate and consistent records of assets, liabilities and transactions.
• Ensure that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards
• Support annual US GAAP audit process where applicable. • Indirect tax return review and support where needed.
• Compliance with internal controls (SOX).
• Accountancy Qualification- ACA,ACCA,CIMA,CPA
• At least 2 years experience in a similar role, preferably from a centre of excellence or similar organisation
• In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations- US GAAP
• Strong interpersonal and communication with ability to manage cross functional stakeholder and teams across all levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical and time management skills.
• Experience with SAP or another ERP system is a distinct advantage
Trinseo is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by partnering with like-minded stakeholders, and supporting the sustainability goals of our customers in a wide range of end-markets including automotive, consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices, packaging, footwear, carpet, paper and board, building and construction, and tires.
With the May 2021 acquisition of the PMMA Business, the Company’s global footprint consists of 24 manufacturing sites around the world, and approximately 3,500 employees – allowing the ability to quickly respond to customers’ needs, no matter where they are in the world.
Fast Facts about Trinseo
Net sales of $3.0 billion (2020)
• Approximately 3,500 employees
• 24 manufacturing sites, 14 research and development facilities
Our Core Values:
• RESPONSIBLE CARE®, RESPECT AND INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND VALUE CREATION, INNOVATION, COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS
To discuss this role further please contact Jean O'Donovan on 01 5927846 or by email