Financial Accountant F.T.C.
My client, based in Central Dublin, provides asset and liability management services to the Irish Government. It has evolved from a single function agency managing the National Debt to a manager of a complex portfolio of public assets and liabilities.
This interesting and varied role will be responsible for the completion of varying finance processes and reporting within the company’s finance function including (but not limited to) monthly trial balance review and reconciliations, management reporting and audit assistance.
This position a two-year fixed-term vacancy for a Financial Accountant on this team, reporting to the Finance Manager. It represents an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to take up a challenging position supporting the finance function service delivery in across a range of evolving and diverse businesses.
· Financial and management reporting
· General ledger review, journal preparation and reconciliations.
· Intercompany recharge preparation.
· Preparation of regulatory reporting to external bodies including the Central Statistics Office and Central Bank of Ireland.
· Preparation of annual financial statements under FRS102 and IFRS.
· Preparation of daily and monthly management information and KPI’s.
· Preparation of the annual operating budgets and forecasts.
· Ad-hoc reporting including the preparation of responses to Parliamentary Questions and Freedom of Information requests.
· Assistance with the preparation of tax returns such as S.891b.
· Review of general ledger entries for VAT compliance.
· Assist co-ordination and management of internal and external audits.
· Ongoing financial support services to the management teams including providing analysis and reports on activity and other ad hoc reporting.
· Recently/newly-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) with at least three years’ relevant work experience.
· Experience in financial services or in the banking sector is advantageous.
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt quickly to the role and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
· Flexible and adaptable to change.
· A self-starter willing to take the initiative to get results.
· Knowledge of general ledger applications functionality (in particular Infor SunSystems) would be advantageous
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with experience in other Microsoft Packages.
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie