Brightwater Executive has been retained exclusively to appoint this new role to their Dublin team. The Group Internal Controls Lead will be part of a global team of 6 and will be instrumental in supporting and delivering upon the management of the internal control’s framework across the Company. 8 – 10 years solid experience in internal controls, audit or ops / financial controls risk with an innate ability to build effectively relations across the group, present to the Executive Finance Teams and Finance & Risk Committee.
About this Role
- Facilitate an effective internal control environment within the organization which meet the compliance requirement for a public company.
- Contribute to the organization by reducing the compliance costs within the various audit teams
- Ensuring that the risks of the company are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Lead strategic projects to deliver improved processes and controls based on risk and design assessment or driven by new regulations
- Ensure control testing procedures completed by Internal Audit and/or management address the objectives, scope and risks of the SOX program and adhere to expected documentation standards and guidelines
- Determine the scoping for internal controls assessments based on risk and materiality assessments/ educate business partners and control owners on requirements and expectations for internal controls assessments
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with External Auditors related to the Company’s internal controls program to ensure an effective and efficient audit over internal controls
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with Internal Audit and other risk and control professionals across the organization
- Manage ongoing compliance and updates to process documentation and control matrices for existing SOX processes as well as assisting in the creation of documentation for new processes
Key Skills and Background:
- Qualified accountant with ideally 8 – 10 years + PQE. Strong audit / risk background with significant experience with SOX at multinational, public listed company and experience applying the COSO framework
- Substantial U.S. GAAP policy experience
- Chemicals/Manufacturing, Shared Services industry experience a plus
- SAP experience beneficial
- Excellent active listening and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and internal controls skills with ability to work in a large, complex and growing organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities
- Track record of effective project management skills
- US GAAP skills with experience with SOX at multinational public companies
- SAP/S4 experience beneficial
- Additional European language an advantage, but not critical to have. For example, French, German.
Trinseo is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by partnering with like-minded stakeholders, and supporting the sustainability goals of our customers in a wide range of end-markets including automotive, consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices, packaging, footwear, carpet, paper and board, building and construction, and tires.
With the May 2021 acquisition of the PMMA Business, the Company’s global footprint consists of 24 manufacturing sites around the world, and approximately 3,500 employees – allowing the ability to quickly respond to customers’ needs, no matter where they are in the world.
Fast Facts about Trinseo
Net sales of $3.0 billion (2020)
- Approximately 3,500 employees
- 24 manufacturing sites, 14 research and development facilities
Our Core Values:
- RESPONSIBLE CARE®, RESPECT AND INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND VALUE CREATION, INNOVATION, COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS
For a confidential discussion, please contact
Estelle Davis or email Brightwater Executive or click the apply button below.