I.T. Audit Senior
My client is an insurance and reinsurance group fully focused on the European market. Based in Dublin city centre they focus on growing their franchise, via acquisition, transfer or reinsurance of portfolios from other insurers, and delivering a competitive long-term return to their customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the planning, execution and reporting of audits at Group level and supporting wider audit delivery in subsidiaries, in order to provide an independent and objective assessment of internal controls to management, the Group Audit committees and relevant subsidiary Boards/governing bodies. They will also support the wider development of the Group Internal Audit function.
· Ensures the effective completion of audit phases (planning, execution, completion & draft reporting) of the audit process for assigned elements, including those of a complex nature, ensuring timely, complete and accurate outputs.
· Effectively communicates with IA management and leadership on audit status, issues and reporting.
· Drafts audit issues and develops valid conclusions resulting in specific business process and internal control recommendations, while considering implementation requirements.
· Edits and integrates final work products and reports to support customer review and discussion.
· Effectively executes and documents testing associated with the field work phase of the audit, including ensuring that all required audit steps are adequately satisfied, appropriate conclusions reached and issues documented.
· Produces high quality internal audit outputs which require limited update / rework before presentation to senior audit management.
· Demonstrates ability to use standard Internal Audit techniques for information gathering and risk assessment, fieldwork and issues reporting.
· Adheres to Internal Audit departmental audit standards and other relevant external professional auditing standards (e.g. IIA professional standards).
· Assists in the development of Internal Audit departmental audit methodologies, processes and tools.
· Supports action tracking follow-up with management for Audit Committee/Board reporting purposes.
· Supports the completion of annual risk assessment for assigned business units.
· Assists in the development and ongoing delivery of annual group-wide risk-based audit plan.
· Supports ongoing management and communication of audit scheduling and staffing for the audit plan through effective coordination with senior audit management and business stakeholders.
· Supports liaison with external service providers and external auditors and appropriate in the context of the execution of internal audit activities.
· CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIA designation (or equivalent) preferred.
· BA/BS/BSc (or equivalent) in Accounting, Auditing, Business (or similar field) desirable.
· Relevant internal and/or external audit experience required (typically 3-4 years, ideally including 'Big-Four').
· Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance industries, including corporate investment and corporate finance areas.
· Knowledge of Solvency II and general understanding of statutory reporting requirements.
· Proven track record within internal/external audit environment evidencing strong performance in conducting high quality audit work, findings and reports.
· Familiar with risk-based and business process focused audit approach.
· Strong computer skills with experience in system-based audits / data analytics would be an advantage.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Salary €57,000-€62,000
· Bonus 10%
· VHI for self, partner, and dependents
· Life and PHI
· 25 days annual leave
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie