UI Designer (daily rate contract)
About the Company
Our client is a leading company in Ireland. They have an immediate requirement for a UI Designer on a daily rate contract.
About the Position
Our client have an immediate requirement for an energetic, creative and technically savvy visual designer to join their team.
In this role you will lead on visual design assignments (with a focus on User Interface Design) and positively impact the overall user experience by following a user-centered design process. You will partner with UX Designers, the Marketing/Brand Team, other UI Designers, Web Developers, Content Writers and the Director of UX to understand and translate wireframes and concepts into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
You will be part of the design systems team but embedded within a product team. You will be responsible not only for the creation of new UI designs which comply with brand/design system standards, but also for the creation of and maintenance of a custom set of components including functional icons and illustrations which will be used extensively throughout the application.
• Design visually stunning, cutting-edge user interfaces, animations and interactions for components, websites, portals and applications.
• Produce visual assets needed by the development team.
• Produce and manage branded assets including icons and illustrations to be re-used across our estate.
• In partnership with user experience designers you will design concepts representing information architecture, navigational components and page layouts.
• Research and communicate trends and best practices related to visual design, data visualization and branding.
• Develop design standards or guidelines and other documentation to assist the team, including the production of assets for websites and applications (mobile and web).
• Minimum 4 years of experience designing user interfaces for the web following user-centered design principles.
• A proven track record of delivering user-centric solutions, including a portfolio of past projects and designs.
• Ability to adapt user-centered and visual designs to stakeholder requirements and technical constraints.
• Previous experience in working with a design system.
• Previous experience in designing iconography and illustrations for digital products.
• Expert knowledge in using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• A good practice of selling ideas with good negotiation skills.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• An undergraduate degree in web design, interaction design, multimedia, visual design, design or related field.
• Experience working with Agile methodology preferred.
• Experience with data visualizations is an advantage.
• Experience with Sketch/Adobe XD/Figma.
• Experience with prototyping software such as Axure is an advantage.
• A general understanding of user-centered design methodology and human factors principles.
• Knowledge and understanding of accessibility principles and relevant standards relating to accessible visual design.
• Experience in practical application of accessibility standards and guidelines
• Experience designing for mobile and/or responsive web
• Involvement in the UX/Design community (e.g. Dublin UX, UXPA, AIGA, IxDA, meet-ups, clubs, conferences)
Very competitive rates on offer.
Please contact Derek Smyth on 01 5927861 or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie