Cost Business Process Lead, Service Billings -FBPC003)
About the Position
The Cost Business Process Lead, Service Billings is a member of the broader Cost Business Process Center team, which provides technical support and consultation for the Company’s cost accounting and fixed assets teams, liaising with Information Technology team for system issues, enhancements, and business process improvements. Specifically, the Cost Business Process Lead, Service Billings manages the service billing process for the global finance function and configures and supports associated SAP processes
- Manages intercompany service billing process in SAP ECC/ S/4 HANA for the global finance function. This position is critical as accurate cross company transactions are key to accurate business and finance reporting.
- The primary role for this position is the global configuration and support of SAP ECC/ S/4 HANA processes for service billings and expense recharging during the cost process accounting cycle. This includes:
- Assessments & Distributions: set-up support, monitoring scheduled jobs, reporting and error troubleshooting
- Intercompany Service Billing: set-up support, monitoring scheduled jobs, reporting and error troubleshooting
- Swiss Principle Structure Rebilling Process: focal point and coordinator of this critical process, which has significant statutory financial and income tax implications for the Company. Understanding of companies Swiss / Toller’s principle structure process (and related intercompany relationships, recharging requirements, etc.) and the related impact on Service Billing process
- Support Service Billing validation scenarios and interact cross-function to ensure all tables are properly updated to avoid billing failures during monthly closure.
- Monitor Order settlements prior to service billings
- Substantial amount of cross functional error resolution
- Assist with annual cost center planning process supported in SAP.
- This responsibility involves cost center budget training, and cost center planning, activity-based manufacturing cost (ABMC) cycle set-up review and performing cost center price iterations.
- Master data subject matter expert for various cost accounting objects.
- Ensure various cost accounting work process documentation is up to date
- Provide technical support and consultation for various issues, inquiries, changes, and enhancements relating to cost accounting and cost process reporting processes within SAP ECC and/or S4 HANA.
- Act as administrator and subject matter expert for the Company’s cost center management tool, provide support to Cost Accounting team on cost center maintenance and troubleshooting creation and changes of cost objects.
- Involvement in wide variety of Controllers/ Finance initiatives, including process improvement projects, cross-functional project teams, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, as needed, as it relates to cost accounting system requirements and other technical topics
- Ensure effective internal controls in all areas of responsibility
- Seek opportunities to standardize processes to drive efficiencies
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or a relevant Information Technology discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Progressive experience supporting multiple IT projects/engagements in technical areas such as data analytics and SAP ECC and/or S/4 HANA
- Previous cost accounting and/or operational experience
- Experience in industrial chemicals or manufacturing preferred
- Prior service billing experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency using SAP ECC and/or S/4 HANA and other technology and systems
- Ability to create and modify macros and scripts (includes VBA/VBM) and databases (SQL, Access) is a plus
- Strong enterprise business acumen, knowledge and understanding of work processes performed by Finance
- Experience in designing, documenting, implementing, and improving work processes
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills
- Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment
Fast Facts about Trinseo
Net sales of $3.0 billion (2020)
• Approximately 3,500 employees
• 24 manufacturing sites, 14 research and development facilities
Our Core Values:
• RESPONSIBLE CARE®, RESPECT AND INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND VALUE CREATION, INNOVATION, COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS
Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Trinseo Anseo! For further information about Trinseo, and to understand more about their global and diverse teams, culture and values, visit Trinseo Anseo
For more information on this role contact Conal O'Connor on 00 353 1 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below