Discuss this role with a consultant.
My client is a successful technical international company operating in over 40 countries worldwide with their R&D centre based here in Cork. They are looking for a driven Software Test Engineer to join a fast paced talented team. They offer a complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services. The Opportunity Reporting to a Team Manager, and sharing your knowledge and experience with your colleagues, you will test sophisticated software products that provide the human interface into the control of industrial automation devices; and thrive in a challenging and rewarding professional team environment; where non-hierarchical scrum teams are the norm and where a passion for learning new and interesting technologies is essential.
• Test sophisticated software products.Use different testing types within the software development lifecycle. Automate test cases using test automation. Set up and configure hardware devices
The Person:You will be self-motivated, energetic and upbeat; take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; be a perfectionist who strives for timely completion of projects; have the ability to prioritise the urgency of multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines.
• Diploma/Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline is required
• 2-4 years’ experience working as Software Test Engineer with proven software test responsibilities
• Full understanding of the testing process and principles
• 2 years’ experience using different testing types within the software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of Java and an ability to automate test cases
• The ability to set up and configure hardware devices
• Experience of networking
• Knowledge of the Scrum framework
• ISTQB foundation Certification
To fit with the team you must have a strong desire to deliver quality software, be interested in software testing methodologies, be constantly developing your technical skill set and be a very strong team player. Please contact Leonie Gleeson on 0214221000 to discuss in full confidence.