Our client is seeking a suitably experienced Pre-Sales Technical Consultant with knowledge of the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (Sales, Service & Marketing) and the Microsoft Power Platform. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with the right drive to succeed. To be able to architect Cloud and managed services solutions for our customer base you will need to have the following attributes and experience:
· exceptional industry knowledge
· deep technical competence across Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (and the Power Platform)
· some exposure to the wider Microsoft Cloud Stack (Azure, Office 365)
· solution architecture
· commercial architecture
· business acumen
· exceptional written and verbal communications
· ability to forge relationships with IT decision-makers
This role will assist the sales team by providing technical expertise and advice to customers and prospects around business applications delivery, cloud, office 365 and managed services. This role will involve responsibility for designing and documenting appropriate technical and commercial solutions for clients, technical consultancy and will involve significant technical interaction with clients, face to face. This position needs to be a strong advocate for best-in-class methods & procedures, driving the necessary culture of technical excellence within the team.
· Working with the Practice Lead in evolving the technical proposition around Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform.
· Maintain an ‘up-to-date’ expert level of knowledge of Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform.
· Evangelise the benefits of Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform to prospects, existing customers and internal stakeholders.
· Work with prospects and existing customers to understand their business strategy, goals and challenges, providing expert advice on how a delivered solution could provide value to their organisation.
· Design and present innovative solutions to customers
· Ensure the technical propositions proposed are in line with what best suits the customers needs and with what the company can best deliver.
· Create technical documentation and all relevant hand over documentation including technical design documents
· Ensure that these proposals are to the level of detail that will ensure no ambiguity with the customer or our professional services team in terms of the work to be done and the associated cost against this work.
· Support the response to technical tenders to agreed timelines
· Devise and deliver technical presentations to ensure that up-to-date product knowledge is maintained within the team.
· Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure divisional projects are delivered on time and within budget.
· Work closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of technical support and consultancy is delivered to the customer at all times.
· Assist the Delivery Teams in addressing any issues and apply sound problem resolution techniques and tools to resolve issues.
· Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of company products, services and solutions.
· Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated projects/ tasks ensuring they are handled in accordance with agreed timelines and satisfactorily concluded.
· Explore every potential opportunity to develop current business and increase sales for the division.
· Escalate issues to the relevant stakeholder in a timely manner.
· Investigate, identify and report on new solutions that will benefit the Cloud and Managed Services offerings and take appropriate steps to up-skill accordingly.
· Work closely with relevant personnel within all Practices and provide advice, support and consultancy on related technical deals/projects where required.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role as a pre-sales/technical sales consultant specialising in Dynamics 365, or as a Dynamics 365 Technical Architect, Solutions Architect, Functional/Technical Consultant with significant commercial experience.
· Experience with technical design documentation is essential
· Some previous client facing experience essential
· Good presentation skills
· Familiar with Software Development processes desirable but not essential
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Desirable third level qualification in IT or Business Systems
· Relevant Microsoft Certifications (Dynamics CRM or Dynamics 365) is essential
· Training / Qualification Certificates essential
· ITIL is desirable
· ISO 9001, 200001, 27001 exposures desirable
· Dynamics CRM (2011,2013,2015,2016) is desirable
· Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement is Essential
· The Power Platform is desirable
· The Wider Microsoft Cloud Stack (Azure and Office 365), particularly in relation to how they may be utilised in solutions based upon Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform is desirable.
· Wider Cloud technologies and market
· Service Desk & Service Management
· ITIL principles and terminology
· Infrastructure technology
· Security - All forms
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this Technology job, please contact John Howe on +353 1 592 7868 or email