Digital and Commercial Financial Analyst
About the Company
My Client is the state-licensed lottery of the Republic of Ireland. Established in 1986 its main function is to raise funds for good causes,
About the Position
The Digital & Commercial Financial Analyst is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across the business particularly in the Sales, Digital and Marketing teams.
The Digital & Commercial Financial Analyst is responsible for understanding, managing and communicating ongoing performance of the business and providing financial, analytical and strategic support to these revenue generating teams.
Work collaboratively with various teams within the organisation, in particular:
· The Product and Digital team to gain insights into sales trends by product and by price point. Specific analysis of the performance of individual games versus budget and prior year will also be required including monthly review of contribution by product and profiling trends in sales and contribution over time.
· The Sales and Operations team to develop Retailer Analysis reporting with insights into trends and performance by Retailer group and geographical area. This will include producing Retailer P&Ls to determine profitability by Retailer Group and analysis of sales of products by geographical area along with producing a report on our Credit Exposure based on Retailer ownership.
· The Marketing team to help determine the effectiveness of different marketing campaigns and to assist in the accurate tracking of marketing spend versus their detailed budget.
· The BI team to understand impacts of roll profile on sales and to identify ways of tracking the effectiveness of new strategic initiatives.
· Support the above teams in the preparation of strong business cases for submission to the Senior Leadership team for approval.
· Support the above teams in the preparation of their submissions for the annual budget and quarterly forecasting cycles.
· Prepare Department level Actual v Budget/Forecast cost reports for Budget owners monthly covering Opex, Capex, Payroll and Marketing spend.
· Weekly update of revenue files versus budget and forecast identifying key drivers of performance.
· Prepare separate P&Ls for the Retail and Digital Channels monthly.
· Review financial analysis prepared by the Business for inclusion in Regulatory submissions for approval to the Regulator, providing guidance as appropriate to improve the accuracy and detail of such analytics.
· Provide other ad hoc analysis of key financial information pivotal to the decision making that drives forward the performance of the business.
· Ensure processes are efficient with effective procedures and controls in place. Assist in changing ways of working to ensure simplification and efficiencies including automating reporting and processes as far as is possible.
· 2-3 years PQE in a similar role.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· Demonstrable problem-solving ability, alongside previous analyst experience, particularly in root cause analysis
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with strong attention to detail
· An understanding of KPI’s and the cost drivers that impact business performance
· Strong interpersonal skills with experience of developing a broad base of relationships with key contacts across Finance and with key business stakeholders
· Strong communicator with confidence to deal with senior management in a clear and professional manner
· Salary €65,000-€75,000 D.O.E.
· 21 days holidays
· Hybrid working
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie