Production Manager - Manufacturing
About the Company
Our client is the parent company of the largest Irish paint brands. Their people are at the heart of their business where their team are encouraged to speak up, challenge, network and share.
About the Position
Reporting to the Head of Continuous Improvement & Operations the Production Manager directs and manages all production operations having responsibility and accountability for production, maintenance, health and safety and all other production related activities. This is a hands-on role, responsible for implementing efficiencies to ensure daily production is maximised to ensure approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
• Day to day running of the plant
• Production planning, ensuring the paint is manufactured and shipped in a timely manner
• Working to embrace and bed in Lean initiatives, to create a culture of consistent production and continuous improvement
• Warehousing and maintaining efficient level of stock on site
• People management, mentoring, development while liaising with Group HR
• Identifying and delivering cost savings and efficiencies
• Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times
• Assist in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning
• Contributes to the development of manufacturing plans and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations
• Ensures that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
• Directs and monitors Production team to accomplish the manufacturing plan goals,
consistent with established manufacturing and health and safety procedures.
• Acts as liaison with Heads of Departments
• Train all staff in use of ERP functions and monitor usage.
• Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures
• Coordinates and contributes to major projects within the factory
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
• Engineering degree or equivalent with 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Lean manufacturing environment experience desirable with LEAN qualifications
• Excellent people management, coaching & development skills
• Proven ability and agility to embrace new systems, processes, technology and ideas
• Safety management and Inventory Control
• Ability to analyse and report on data
• IT skills are essential along with the ability to learn new systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships
• Ability to implement existing procedures in a positive manner
• Have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with impeccable attention to detail
• Undertake any other duties as requested by your line Manager.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie
€50,000 - €55,000
To discuss this role further or other engineering jobs please contact Diarmuid O'Mahony on 01 5927888 or by email or click the apply button