The Investment Director for global portfolios, will be responsible for leading the global team, designing and implementing the global strategy encompassing the requirements of other portfolios & strategies and the relevant reporting to the governance committees.
In addition, liaising and working with the portfolio management team on:
- Asset allocation
- ESG implementation,
- Risk and Performance requirements.
The role offered provides an ideal opportunity for a high-calibre candidate to be at the forefront of this organisation’s global portfolio strategy and implementation. Exposure to the firm’s external managers and investment partners will offer unique insights and exposure to the best-in-class firms in the investment management industry.
The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation of what is required to manage assets in competitive markets with the implementation capability to run an outsource model covering a portfolio of global managers.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for leading the global team and support the SLT in driving forward and overseeing their investment mandate.
While relevant experience in the global arena is important, candidates with equivalent investment/finance/project management experience who are keen to rotate into this area will be considered also.
The Investment Director will be required to:
- Lead and develop the global team ensuring all aspects of the global portfolio are managed appropriately
- Continually review and enhance the global portfolio’s structure and strategy
- Select investment managers and implement the strategy in line with the firms’ processes and other requirements (e.g. ESG criteria)
- Assess all risks across the global portfolio, asset classes and individual managers across market risk, liquidity risk, operational risk and third-party risks
- Identify emerging risks and develop an approach to managing these
- Provide insights to colleagues and stakeholders
- Manage, monitor and conduct investment and operational due diligence on third parties regularly
- Evolve reporting processes, data collection and metrics so our understanding of the portfolio is best in class and we deliver reporting requirements to the appropriate governance areas with a focus on transparency and completeness
- Ensure best value for the fund and State
- Select and work with transition managers for any transition management activities
The ideal candidate skills and background:
- Third level degree qualification; Advanced degree, and/or CFA designation are preferable
- Demonstrate a keen and well-informed interest in global investment management
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the Finance sector preferably within an investment/fund management environment, or equivalent investment/finance/project management experience that allows the candidate pivot into this arena
- Be experienced in investment management, strategy implementation or outsourcing
- Experience developing and delivering strategies involving input from, and coordination across, multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of investment/fund management industry desirable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven stakeholder management skills at Senior /Board levels.
- Diligent, self-motivated and a clear thinker
- A flexible team player capable of managing a number of stakeholders in a professional manner
- Comfortable with evolving and changing priorities
- Personal characteristics of integrity, discipline, curiosity, commitment
- Experience in managing direct reports is desirable but not essential
Exceptionally Attractive Base, Bonus and Benefits - Hybrid Working Arrangements post Covid.
For a confidential discussion, please contact
Estelle Davis or email Brightwater Executive or click the apply button below.