Discuss this role with a consultant.
Reporting directly to the Accounting Team Lead, the GL Accountant will be responsible for completing general accounting and financial reporting activities.
• Execute entity accounting activities such as general ledger closing activities
• Complete adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls.
• Full ownership of statutory reporting preparation, compliance activities and governance processes for specific entities and support any associated audits
• Maintain ledgers within SAP, providing records of assets, liabilities and transactions
• Liaise with all stakeholders in a promtly manner
• Ensure that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards
• Actively work as a team member, demonstrating effective teamwork and relationship building
• Support annual US GAAP audit process
• Compliance with internal controls (SOX)
Experience and Skills
• Professional accountancy Qualification such as, CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA preferred
• 1-2 years' experience in a relevant finance and/or accounting role, preferably in a GBS environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•SAP Experience a plus..
•In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations.
•Strong interpersonal and communication skills
To discuss this role further or other accountancy jobs please contact Jean O'Donovan on 01 5927846 or by email or click the apply button