Principal Research Engineer- Custom Microarchitectures
About the Company
My client is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. The company has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
You will be joining a team of engineers who are a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative, and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
About the Position
The client is seeking candidates with proven research credentials in embedded real-time systems design, and especially dynamically reconfigurable high-availability systems, to join the Networks & Embedded Systems Group in Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in the design and performance evaluation of customized heterogeneous computing architectures for FPGA and ASIC target platforms, and a passion for applying these skills in specialized aerospace applications. Application of high-level synthesis and high-level hardware abstraction languages for developing hardware architectures based on the open RISC-V ISA will be a major focus for this position.
This is a research-focused role to shape future aerospace technologies. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate outstanding track records applicable to one or more of:
- Design techniques for custom heterogeneous embedded computing architectures for critical applications, including development and integration of custom instructions and accelerator extensions for application-specific needs.
- Architecture exploration and evaluation, automatic code generation, formal verification, and runtime monitoring for multicore and heterogeneous system-on-chip platforms.
- Experience in novel processing architectures, including coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures, approximate computing, or spike-based neuromorphic designs.
- Implementation of advanced autonomous systems, computer vision or signal processing proof-of-concept demonstrators on FPGA or multicore platforms.
Knowledge of advanced HDL techniques including CHISEL, Kôika, and ChipYard-based toolchains is highly desirable but not essential. Familiarity with high-assurance runtime environments based on microkernel (seL4) or separation kernel (PikeOS, LynxSecure) technology is also highly desirable.
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Advanced Technology research community.
- Execute R&D activities within an international research community, including technology development within collaborative multi-national research programs.
- Provide competitive advantage for business units as part of a multidisciplinary and international team of experts.
- Contribute towards technical strategy and business development.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn and passion for speed and agility.
- Well-organized with excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work in international teams.
- Willing to champion and challenge new technical ideas and adapt to new challenges beyond original field of expertise.
- Able to partner with universities, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations to meet organizational objectives within time and budget constraints.
Education / Experience
- A PhD in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, ideally with a few years of industrial or postdoctoral experience.
Highly competitive package on offer to the right candidate.
Please contact Charlie Bigger on 01 5927861 or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website: www.brightwater.ie