Pre Wholesale Commercial Manager
About the Company
Uniphar Group is a rapidly expanding global healthcare services business with a proud heritage in Ireland. Since IPO in 2019, the group has grown both organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions, which continues to strengthen Uniphar’s international reach. With a workforce of over 3000 spread across Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Nordics and the USA, Uniphar is a trusted global partner to pharma and MedTech manufacturers, working to improve patient access to medicines around the world.
Uniphar provides outsourced and specialised services to its clients, leveraging the strong relationships with 200+ of the world’s best known pharmaco-medical manufacturers across multiple geographies, enabled by our cutting-edge digital technology and our highly expert teams. Uniphar is organised into three key divisions; Supply Chain & Retail, Commercial & Clinical Med Tech / Pharma; and Product Access.
Ethics and integrity sit at the heart of Uniphar’s culture, with our customers and patient’s integral to what we do and how we do it. We pride ourselves in being truly entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, with a strong problem-solving ethos. Everything Uniphar does is enabled by our people and as we continue to grow domestically and internationally, we become more diverse. This diversity fuels our business and culture.
About the Position
**Brightwater Executive is retained exclusively for this Pre-Wholesale Commercial Manager role**
The candidate will be responsible for day to management of the Allphar commercial function and leading and delivering the pre-wholesale business plan.
Working at the centre of the business the candidate will be highly motivated, possess strong commercial acumen, an outstanding track record in Healthcare Supply Chain client management, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a resilient approach to dealing with market challenges.
The Commercial Manager will work in the Allphar Pre-Wholesale business, reporting into the General Manager with responsibility for managing the Allphar commercial team and Key client relationships. The Manager will work closely with the broader SCR commercial team and cross functional departments, operations, quality, finance and IT teams.
- Deliver on sales, working capital and profit targets.
- Develop and manage client relationships by gaining a strong understanding of the client’s business and their pre-wholesale service needs.
- Accountable for building and shaping an industry leading commercial function with a relentless focus on accelerating bottom line growth and market share gains.
- Responsibility for the management of some key client accounts.
- Management of the commercial team to ensure structured engagement with all key clients achieving necessary business alignment to deliver Operational, Commercial & Financial KPIs.
- Contribute at a senior level to the overall development of the Allphar business.
- Ensure the pre-wholesale commercial offering is seen as best in class to maintain and grow market share.
- Focus on business development to identify new growth opportunities to aid the sales pipeline and deliver market share growth.
- Work with the cross functional team to develop our client self-serve and digital capabilities.
- Working with the cross functional teams to ensure client KPI metrics are achieved.
- Managing key projects within the pre-wholesale division. Play a lead role in the development and implementation of continuous improvement/operating model initiatives in line with the overall SCR strategy.
· A minimum of 5 years commercial experience within the Healthcare sector
· Have a strong understanding of healthcare supply chain management
· Experience in managing a large portfolio of client relationships
· Have strong people management and influencing skills
· Be a high achiever with determination and drive to succeed
· Capable of driving business profitability by working cross functionally
· Excellent communication, planning, organisation and analytical skills
· Organised, flexible, motivated and a hard-working leader
· Business degree or equivalent / Full clean driving licence
· Strong leadership skills
· Understanding of key trends within the supply chain, pre-wholesale, wholesale, Hospital, and retail pharmacy sector
· Understand key drivers within pharmaceutical and Med Tech suppliers service needs
· Strong influential skills
· Open to change in a fast-moving industry
· Demonstration of continuous improvement and prioritization
· Ability to identify problems quickly, using creativity to propose actionable solutions Ability to make quick decisions
· Demonstrates commercial acumen
· A passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen
Exceptionally competitive Base, Bonus and Bens Package
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact: Alan Finnegan or email or click the apply button below