About the Company
Based in Cork, my client is a highly successful, dynamic, international company specialising in the provision of engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. The employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity, and knowledge, which enable the client to maintain their position as a leading global brand. They require a manual software tester ideally with some automation skills.
About the Position
You will conduct tests, analyse the results, and report observations on sophisticated software products that provide the human interface into the control of industrial automation devices. You may also interact with clients to understand the requirements of the product. You will have the opportunity to thrive in a challenging and rewarding professional team environment where non-hierarchical scrum teams are the norm and where a passion for learning new and interesting technologies is essential.
- Test sophisticated software products (Manual and some automation).
- Thoroughly check materials, products, procedures and mechanical or electrical systems to ensure that customers get highest quality, functional products.
- Use different testing types within the software development lifecycle.
- Automate test cases using test automation (selenium).
- Set up and configure hardware devices.
To ensure success as a software test engineer, you should have knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting.
You should be able to identify even the smallest flaw in software designs and suggest simple yet effective fixes.
- Diploma/Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related engineering discipline is required.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience working as Software Test Engineer with proven software test responsibilities.
- 1 years’ experience using different testing types within the software development lifecycle.
- Full understanding of the testing process and principles.
€40K- €45K negotiable depending on experience.
They also offer a range of benefits including Private Healthcare, Employee Assistance Program, Pension package, Flexible Working and a range of policies to support your needs.
Please contact Derek Smyth on 01 5927861 or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie