My client is a new company set up via a merger of two household names in the Irish banking and insurance landscape.
This is a new digitally-focused Greenfield operation, engaged in the business of providing life products in the protection, savings, investments and pre and post-retirement and will be a stand-alone Life company regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
As this is a newly-formed Company, it will require all aspects of the company to be set up. From new platforms & technology, Organisational design, new processes and procedures, that will leverage the latest digital technologies and future ways of working.
One of these hires will be for a Data Architect.
· Mapping of data flows & use throughout the organisation, including integration between systems and sharing of data between the company and Partner organisations.
· Definition of data structures and models within reporting & analytic solutions and in API’s
· Ensure data is stored, managed, used, and consumed in accordance with the company’s policies and regulatory & legal frameworks including Data Sharing Agreements, GDPR, Central Bank of Ireland & EIOPA guidelines.
· Work with Stakeholders & partner organisations to understand data & analytic requirements and design data structures and data pipelines to enable efficient use of the company’s data.
· Work with Vendors and Service providers ensure solutions are delivered in accordance with agreed solution design & the company’s standards and best practices.
· Document Data Quality & Integrity requirements for applications & business functions and ensure data management processes and pipelines deliver high-quality data at all times.
· Define and maintain comprehensive organisational metadata including Data Dictionary, Data Catalog, Data Lineage.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 8-10 years Data Architecture & Data modelling experience, preferably within the Insurance industry, with specific experience in Life Insurance/Wealth Management. Experience in other Financial or Regulated sectors also beneficial.
· Knowledge of regulatory & legal frameworks including GDPR, Central Bank of Ireland & others
· Experience translating complex & evolving stakeholder requirements to data models & solution designs.
· Knowledge of data integration patterns and technical solutions to support exchange of data between applications and organisations.
· Experience working with Cloud data platforms to design and implement data management solutions that incorporate strict privacy, security and data protection requirements.
· Knowledge of Data Modelling techniques such as 3NF, Data Vault, and Dimensional Modelling, as well Data Architecture patterns such as Data Fabric and Data Mesh combined with real-world experience in implementing each.
· Experience working in an Agile Development and contributing to / leading Agile ceremonies as required.
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this Technology job, please contact John Howe on +353 1 592 7868 or email