Management Accountant (Process and Systems)
About the Company
Trinseo’s Global Business Services (GBS) solution which is an evolution of a Shared Services model to centralize and streamline activities and drive value for the business will facilitate our Transformation Strategy by enabling an agile, scalable, and fully integrated operating model that drives innovation, business partnering and performance
About the Position
The Management Accountant, Process & Systems is a critical role within Controllership, supporting various cost accounting and global system support functions, serving end users of Cost Accounting and the broader Finance team globally. Additionally, they are responsible for identification and development of system or work process enhancements, liaising with the Information Technology team, monitoring close related systems jobs for cost accounting & fixed assets, etc.
- Provide technical support and consultation for all issues, inquiries, changes, and enhancements relating to cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, and reporting processes within the Company’s ERP system.
- Ensure appropriate system setup & configuration for expense recharges, assessments and rebillings, internal and plant maintenance orders, and project settlements
- Provide analytical support for manufacturing and cost center variances
- Monitor scheduled job closing activities for Cost, Fixed Assets, Orders, etc
- Troubleshooting errors for cost accounting issues
- Significant involvement in system upgrade projects, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and other special projects, as needed, as it relates to cost accounting and related system requirements
- Key areas of technical support this role manages include: Cost objects / cost centers; standard cost / product cost estimates and itemization; inventory valuation; fixed assets depreciation jobs; orders, EST settlements, and assessments
- Lead for the annual cost center planning / budget process supported in the Company’s ERP system. This responsibility involves deriving the annual cost center budget schedule, cost center budget training, and deriving the annual budget baseline.
- Oversees the support for inventory processes during closing (running reports and revaluations for product costing for local statutory and US GAAP and assist with issues with inventory business assignments).
· Minimum of a four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or relevant Information Technology discipline
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
· Cost accounting within a manufacturing environment required
· Ability to comprehend and explain complex systems processes, logic, calculations, and validations
· Public company experience a plus
· Experience with merger and acquisition integration and considerations a plus
· Proficiency in SAP ECC and/or S/4 HANA and other technology and systems strongly preferred
· Ability to create and modify macros and scripts (includes VBA/VBM and databases (SQL, Access) is plus
· Excellent interpersonal skills to engage all levels of management
· Ability to build and foster relationships across businesses and functions
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Read, write and speak English
· Effective time management and balancing of multiple competing priorities
· Very strong attention to detail
· Hybrid working
· Gym membership
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie