Regulatory Reporting Accountant
About the Company
A leader in Global Banking & Financial Services, my client, based in Central Dublin, have been active in Ireland since 1973. Replicating the diversity of the Group model, the client within Ireland offers the varied activities of Corporate and Institutional Banking, Securities Services comprising both Custody and Administration Services and Real Estate Advisory based services
About the Position
The Regulatory Reporting Accountant is responsible for delivering high quality financial information within the scope of CIB Finance, for all legal vehicles under remit, ensuring that technical aspects are duly observed and complied with regards to data quality, reporting structures and deadlines. Preparation, maintenance, analysis and submission of all financial and statistical reporting packages required to all regulatory bodies in Ireland or abroad, except for Tax Authorities, including but not limited to the Central Bank of Ireland & Central Statistics Office, with particular emphases on their accuracy, completeness and adherence to reporting deadlines.
· Support the Head of Local Regulatory Reporting in acting as correspondent to the Central Bank of Ireland on all regulatory returns arising during and after the reporting periods on the designated reporting packages submitted under responsibility.
· Support testing and implementation of software applications supporting regulatory reporting.
· Coordinate and collaborate in projects related with regulatory reporting, as instructed by the Head of Local Regulatory Reporting.
· Maintain a log on matters arising during the course of the monthly financial reporting process and undertake the implementation of their solutions in a timely manner. Participate in the performance and on-going enhancements to the daily financial accounting control environment
· Participate in the preparation and reporting of various additional or ad-hoc reporting requirements to the Local Authorities in Ireland, Regional Finance, Head Office, other regulatory bodies, local management on all matters related to local regulatory reporting.
· Recommend and seek to implement procedures and processes that improve the overall performance of the Area.
· Design, implement and maintain communication forums with the Head of Local Regulatory Reporting to inform the compliance with regulatory reporting, identification of risks and opportunities to enhance the control environment surrounding the production of regulatory reports.
· Responsible for Regulatory Reporting of entities under remit.
· Reviews and controls with respect to their compliance with statutory/local regulatory reporting.
· Production of Financial Ratios as requested by regulators, providing frequent reports to direct Management the performance of such indicators.
· Business continuity plan (BCP): Participate in the business continuity tests and ensure, in coordination with the Head of Local Regulatory Reporting, that all processes under his/her responsibility are subject to BCP following policies and procedures including all software applications within the remit of the Area.
· Performance: Contribute periodical information (minimum monthly) of performance, risk and control indicators of the area under responsibility (KPI, KRI and KCI), following the standard defined for the Finance & Tax Function.
· University degree in finance & accounting, economics or comparable background
· Part-qualified accountant
· Minimum 3 years’ work experience in finance
· Professional proficiency in English is mandatory
· Compliance with the Central Bank regulatory requirements
· Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, IFRS, Irish GAAP, regulations and reporting specificities.
· Understanding of Corporate Banking product knowledge, products, services and their profitability
· Capacity to use several of the following office tools in a proficient manner: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Salary €45,000-€50,000
- Hybrid working
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie