Full Stack Developer (PHP)
About the Company
My client offers a complete range of manufacturing services for the electronics industry, including PCB manufacture and assembly, Laser SMT stencils, Custom front panels, 3D printing & 3D MID (mechatronic interconnected devices).
About the Position
My client is looking for a skilled Full Stack Developer who has a passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to be creative with new ideas. You will be responsible for converting our company needs into functional and user-friendly websites and programs through designing, coding and improving our web page, programs and applications. You will take responsibility and work closely with the International growth/Innovation team.
- Work as part of a small Agile team
- Develop new features for Frontend and Backend of a newly created website
- Maintain existing company website written in PHP and JQuery
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Develop RESTful API's in Laravel and/or NodeJS
- Use MySQL/MariaDB
- Upgrade/Repair and Maintain existing legacy programs and sites
- Writing unit and browser tests, as well as following efficient debugging practices
- Recommend new features to improve program navigation/websites and operations
- Follow security principles and industry best practices
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and more
- 2+ years proven work experience in Full Stack Developer role
- Hands-on experience with various programming languages including HTML, SASS, PHP(v5 and up),TypeScript, SQL
- Proficient in OOP (Object Orientated Programming) specifically PHP OOP
- Use of PHP Frameworks such as Laravel/Codeigniter/Zend/Symphony
- Very good knowledge of MySQLDB/MariaDB
- Experience in the integration and use of Third Party API's (including RESTful API’s in Laravel)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery. Git, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes
- An ability to communicate and work in a team
- Fluent in both oral and written English (German a plus)
BSc Degree in Computer Science or relevant field required
This a permanent role offering a competitive salary and on completion of a successful 6-month probationary period, the company benefit scheme will apply. This includes Bonus, Health Insurance, PHI and Life Assurance, 5% contribution towards a Company Pension Scheme.
Please contact Charlie Bigger on 01 5927861 for a confidential discussion or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website: www.brightwater.ie