About the Company
My client is a leading Irish based multi-jurisdictional provider of independent, administrative, and financial services to a wide range of corporates, intermediaries and private clients based in Central Dublin. They pride themselves on building lasting partnerships with their clients through the provision of a uniquely tailored and reliable service.
About the Position
Due to continued growth, they are looking to add to their team a Financial Accountant to service their clients’ requirements. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have worked in an accounting practice as they must be able to prepare accounts
· Prepare accounts from records maintained by the client or client manager.
· Prepare statutory financial statements from source documents.
· Prepare CT1 tax returns, VAT3 returns, INTRASTAT/VIES and Payroll returns
· Conduct investigations, examinations, and audits of books and financial records and prepare reports thereof.
· Maintain essential accounting records and files.
· Will be required to learn and utilise various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the company.
· Complete timesheet and other administrative tasks, as appropriate and within set timescales.
· Attend internal and external training sessions as set by the company.
· Any other ad hoc duties as they arise.
· Qualification in ACCA, ACA or CPA; Part Qualified will be considered depending on their work experience
· At least two years’ post qualification experience.
· Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures used in modern accounting (FRS102 & IFRS);
· Knowledge of the methods and procedures involved in preparing detailed accounting and other financial reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
· Ability to analyse accounting problems, to organise assigned work and to develop effective work methods.
· Ability to provide technical advice and assistance to those charged with keeping financial records.
· Tax knowledge to prepare CT1s, VAT3s, INTRASTAT/VIES and Payroll returns is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Travel Tax Saver ticket
- Bike to work scheme
- 50% of Gym membership paid
- Death in service benefit of 4 times salary
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Ongoing training including relevant courses
- Discretionary bonus
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie