Senior Environmental and Planning Manager
About the Company
We are working with a large Irish consultancy who are seeing an increase in demand for their services across all areas they focus on. They work across environment, civil/structural, planning, road and transportations and infrastructure. They are currently looking to recruit an Environmental and Planning Manager Manager who can work with their client work on projects to enhance their capabilities across all sectors, while operating in a safe and protected environment. Environmental issues are becoming more prevalent in a growing economy and the need for specialists in this area is growing.
This client is one of Europe’s leading names in energy and engineering and carry a reputation of quality and innovation in the areas of Renewable Energy.
About the Position
Working closely with all levels of management, and with large clients, you will become the main central support in providing consulting advice and expertise in the area of Health & Safety. You will assess the current strategy and processes and create a robust division who are experts in the area of Environmental and Planning
Within this role you are will:
- Manage the Environmental and planning function across the group.
- Work closely with stakeholders and advise on best practice in Environmental & Planning
- Manage and develop a team of Environmental and Planning specialists
- Responsible for the client’s strategy in the area of planning
- Create monthly reports on H&S across each division
- Take a proactive approach in regard to E&P and educate the company on policies and procedures.
- Manage the financial aspects of projects
- Development of the business in areas of planning
- Manage the renewable energy portfolio of projects
For this role you are required to have:
- 15 years’ experience in Environmental & Planning
- A related qualification
- Experience in EIA
- An ability to educate people in the area of H&S
- Strong Project Management experience
- Experience in engineering and construction
- Consulting experience
- Preferably Chartered status
- A full drivers license
- This role will also have scope for Associate Director level.
The client offers an excellent package along with benefits. They also offer pension and healthcare. They have also incorporated a hybrid model and, as this is a senior consulting role, you will be responsible for your location of work on a needs must basis.
For more information on this position or other engineering roles, please contact Cathal on 01-5927850 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact him directly via email: