IFRS 17 Senior Reporting Accountant
About the Company
Our client, a Global reinsurance firm based in Central Dublin has an opening for a IFRS 17 Senior Reporting Accountant to join their team
About the Position
For the position of IFRS 17 Senior Reporting Accountant we are seeking a dynamic and hardworking individual for a newly created role in our Dublin office. As my client works towards adoption of IFRS 17, this role will form part of a newly established team to implement supporting accounting systems and to produce IFRS 17 compliant financial reporting for APAC and Canada Legal Entities within the Group. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Department and will have the opportunity to implement an industry defining financial reporting standard, build new key financial processes and shape their role on the team in the future reporting environment
Responsibilities pre IFRS 17 going live
· Working on the successful implementation of the IFRS 17 reporting system (Risk Integrity) working closely with finance, actuarial and IT teams. The system implementation activities will involve, among other things, reviewing project test results, analysing outputs, identifying and resolving defects.
· Developing appropriate governance over the IFRS technical accounting results & disclosures for legal entities.
· Working on the production of disclosure requirements, identifying data sources and supporting the testing of future processes to meet those disclosures.
· Executing parallel runs and supporting the generation of comparative figures; testing and refining the operating model to ensure full readiness for the go-live date from 1 January 2023.
· Interaction with external software provider on future development roadmap and managing the integration of future changes into the companies operating model.
· Key contributor to IFRS 17 reporting system & process development, to deliver a robust and reliable platform for IFRS 17 compliant results.
Responsibilities post IFRS going live
· The BaU processes are evolving throughout the project implementation. The successful candidate will have opportunity to join the future BaU team and benefit from their achievements on the project. The companies IFRS 17 reporting will be centralised within this team, which will be responsible for local Canada and APAC reporting responsibilities, including financial statements, management reporting and regulatory reporting.
· Significant coordination and communication with teams in other locations globally. Working particularly closely with the non-life actuarial teams and with the life finance reporting team to understand the IFRS 17 results for 4 Canadian and APAC entities.
· Reviewing IFRS17 reporting system outputs including sub-ledger journal postings & reconciliations.
· Preparing and reviewing financial analysis on the technical results.
· Working closely with the local CFOs and reporting teams to support the production of IFRS 17 results and financial statements entities.
· Reviewing technical results presentations to Audit Committees and Boards and executing governance requirements around the reporting package
· Presenting technical results to stakeholders
· Continuing to develop enhancements to reporting capabilities within the Risk Integrity system and related reporting processes as required.
· Managing the working day timetable for IFRS17 reporting
· Ensuring the complete documentation of reporting policies and procedures and proposing improvements.
· Supporting the Head of Department in technical queries, processes and documentation.
· Response to regulatory and auditor queries.
· Involvement in ad-hoc projects.
· Professional accounting designation – ACA/ ACCA or equivalent
· 3-5 years PQE in the (re)insurance industry and/or in a Big 4 accounting firm
· Comfortable reviewing and analysing technical information and results
· Comfortable dealing with actuarial teams and senior stakeholders
· Practical experience compiling and/or reviewing financial statements
· Knowledge of IFRS 17 is an advantage but not a requirement
· Experience of interrogating & validating system results including controls and reconciliation experience as well as sub-ledger experience is an advantage
· Experience liaising with external auditors and other accounting and reinsurance professionals
· Clear attention to detail, with information produced being complete, accurate and of a high standard
· Ability to adapt effectively to change and willingness to take on additional work and responsibilities at short notice
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present results and findings in a clear and concise manner
· Good Excel skills
· A collaborative team player comfortable working cross-functionally and across time zones
· Full benefits package
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie