About the Company
Our client a highly commercial, semi-state organisation which is at the forefront of its industry. are currently hiring for a Financial Accountant to join their team. This is an exciting time to join the business as it leads the journey to create a sustainable future for the country
About the Position
Reporting to the financial controller this role is initially being offered as once year FTC and has the potential to extend. Flexible hybrid working either form the organisations regional or head office This role is responsible for the preparation & delivery of monthly management accounts & KPI’s and has a business partnering role in financial planning and forecasting for assigned business areas. The role is also responsible for implementing appropriate accounting policies, the annual financial audit, and the maintenance of accounting systems.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and performance pack for the division that meets the business needs and are in line with adopted accounting policies.
• Develop regular reporting and analysis for business areas, including robust variance analysis and key metric reports that support strategic and operational decision making.
• Prepare monthly general ledger and account reconciliations and process monthly journals for assigned business areas.
• Manage the financial audit programme, preparing statutory disclosure notes in accordance with FRS102, providing backup to material items, and coordinating the delivery of all requirements.
• Manage the process of developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures and process notes.
• Develop improvements to working capital reporting and cash management.
• Management of the financial system, and review, improvement & integration of reporting from financial and operational systems.
• Promote a culture of operational excellence, financial accountability and continuous improvement. driving simplification in all processes.
• Develop strong relationships with Transaction Services, Group Finance and Business
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) will consider newly qualified
• Strong Accounts preparation experience
• Excellent business and commercial acumen/skills
• High level of IT proficiency, especially excel.
Excellent package on offer with great culture and flexible working.
To discuss this role further or other accountancy jobs please contact Jean O'Donovan on 01 5927846 or by email or click the apply button
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie