Vice President (VP) of Marketing
About the Company
Brightwater Executive is delighted to be retained exclusively for this VP of Marketing appointment with Tempest.
Tempest is a pioneering, fast scaling, and highly innovative tech firm, driving internet user privacy and data security for everyone online. In addition to building their innovative flagship product - Tempest Search , Tempest has built a portfolio of privacy products ranging from a private browser on desktop and mobile, VPN, and private second phone apps, that ensure user safety across every touchpoint online.
Backed by industry leaders in this space, that are passionate about everyone’s right to internet privacy and powered by an incredible team across ten countries and three continents. www.tempest.com , this is a hugely exciting time to join Tempest. Their team currently stand at 34 with a wider team of over 20 external contractors and is expanding rapidly with very strong financials to date and strong investor backing.
Their core underpinning culture and values are transparency in communications, efficiency in operations and critical accountability. These are embedded in all aspects of their operations, from product design and development to building out their amazing international teams that are based across the US, Ireland, France, Germany, and Portugal.
Bringing their value system to life through their company and products and differentiated approach to product distribution, Tempest is poised to continue its upward growth trajectory and deliver to people the kind of internet experience they want and deserve – familiar and reliable yet private and safe.
The VP of Marketing role can be based in Ireland or in one of their European locations, offering a remote / hybrid working arrangement.
About the Position
Vice President (VP) of Marketing will direct and oversee the company’s marketing functions.
- Be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring effective marketing strategies that align with the various “Tempest” product & brand objectives.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong marketing and work experience background managing consumer internet products from inception, through product development and into the public market.
- They should be as comfortable with product UX and brand aesthetic as they are with the various methods and tools for user acquisition and user analytics.
- As a key leader role, the VP of Marketing will report to the CEO and will oversee their internal Marketing teams, working also closely with the Chief Product Officer and Chief Operations Officer.
- Success in this role will be defined by on-going and increased “Tempest” company & product brand perception, and growth of users and usage across the Tempest portfolio of products.
- In this capacity, the VP of Marketing can expect a high degree of operational latitude as well as corresponding accountability. There will be operational autonomy that comes with operational accountability.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase company & product brand awareness
- Set current and long-term execution plans (key objectives & key results) for the internal marketing teams
- Work closely with finance to design and manage the marketing department’s budget
- Leverage a network of media stakeholders (journalist, PR professionals, media agencies, etc.) to gain access & insight to opportunities across the various and relevant media channels and events
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Ensure on-going market, brand & product analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Provide weekly, data driven updates, around brand & product performance
- Forecast hiring needs for the marketing department
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
The opportunity to challenge yourself in a high performing environment and leave each day knowing that you have made an impact.
- Proven track record as a VP of Marketing / Senior Marketing Director, or another similar senior role (in this related field)
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make challenging decisions
- Experienced of managing multi-million yearly marketing budgets.
- Demonstrable track record of designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns, specifically around consumer internet product/s and brand experiences
- Adept in working within and directing teams around UA (user acquisition), both organic & paid channels.
- Solid experience and comfort working with app/web analytics tools/platforms
- Natural leadership skills with ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial team
- Strong communication and cross functional relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ideally BSc Degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field
Exceptionally Competitive Base Salary, Bonus and Benefits Package
For a confidential discussion on this VP of Marketing role, please contact: Alan Finnegan or email or click the apply button below