Chief Operations Officer
About the Position
**Brightwater Executive is retained exclusively for this Chief Operations Officer role**
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the strategic objective of the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will be to lead and manage global operation activities. They must plan for and manage the development of the resources necessary for sustained business results, putting the right infrastructure and organisation structures in place to deliver business and financial objectives, and ensuring long term financial sustainability of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be commercially focused, proactive, hands on with a global ambition to lead and grow sales and lead, excite and motivate a great team to deliver their vision.
This is an opportunity to get involved with an established consultancy services market leader embarking on the next stage of development, which will see extensive business scaling of the existing portfolio of clients, taking on new enterprise clients, including large global, muti-site, multi-region, industrial manufacturing customers.
Location: HQ in Cork, Hybrid model of working..
- The COO will ensure the company is hitting its global milestones by managing continuing business growth and the long-term financial sustainability of the organisation.
- Deliver agreed upon business plans, budgets and forecasts, ensuring operations meet or exceed targets.
- Collaborate and innovate with potential and existing clients and key accounts to develop new business opportunities that build and maintain sustainable, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Accurately forecast sales and cash flows, generate and protect short- and long-term revenue streams and leverage technology and process enhancements to improve financial results.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies by developing a business model to support long-term financial sustainability.
- Ensure the creation and execution of a flexible and adaptive strategic business plan that incorporates rapid change and scaling.
- Execute all administrative tasks associated with the operations function, monitor and respond to market and competitor activities and analysis.
- Develop expertise in designing, integrating and leading increasingly complex organisational systems through ongoing change.
- Support current and future expansion of consulting operations and ensure the optimal allocation of resources needed to achieve the goals and objectives of the strategic plan.
- Ensure the development of the strategic and operating plan and set budgets that meets or exceeds goals while optimizing companies position as a market leader and enhance and maintain its market position.
- Seek and communicate feedback from the leadership team concerning organisational climate and leadership styles and behaviours.
- Ensure that all direct reports are managed in accordance with companies vision, mission, policies, values and leader behaviours and that top talent is recruited, developed and retained.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an Engineering field.
- A Masters’ Degree such as an MBA or other advanced degree is preferable.
- 10 years’ proven leadership and management experience as Operations Director scaling consultancy companies and dealing with large enterprise companies.
- Experience in a multi-tenant consultancy, managing scaling consultancy services for enterprise scale clients.
- Significant experience of tendering, negotiating and closing contracts with large Industrial / Utility / Pharmaceutical / Food and Beverage customers.
- Experience of implementing international rapid growth at scale and transformative change.
- Previous agile team experience, preparing and implementing comprehensive business plans and road maps to facilitate achievement.
- Should be able to demonstrate experience communicating and presenting at a senior executive level. Proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with key stakeholders and advising and presenting at board and C suite level.
Competitive Base and Benefits package
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact: Alan Finnegan or email or click the apply button below