Head of Finance
About the Company
General Paints Group (GPG) based in Celbridge, Co Kildare has a has a rich history and expertise of developing paints and unique colour palettes for a wide range of customers in Ireland and internationally. Through GPG, their parent company, they have an exciting and growing portfolio of Irish paint brands, Colourtrend, Curator and Sustain.
GPG has gone through an amazing growth story and as they continue to evolve and expand, they are now looking to appoint a Head of Finance, reporting directly to their MD. The Head of Finance will be a key member of the senior management team, supporting the wider business strategy.
** Brightwater Executive is delighted to be retained exclusively by GPG in the search for their new Head of Finance.
About the Position
As part of the GPG Leadership Team, this role will report to the Managing Director and work closely with The Board and the other Heads of Functions.
This role will hold ultimate responsibility for the monthly financial control and preparation of statutory accounts and play a critical role in supporting the MD across their financial & business plans, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all financial information. The Head of Finance will also be responsible for driving a culture of continued best practice in the team and harnessing the full potential of IT systems and applications within finance and the wider operations.
Leadership, Management & Strategy
- Provide financial guidance to ensure the development and delivery of growth and strategic objectives.
- Ensure clear and informative financial analysis of GPG performance.
- Enable and deliver guidance on technical and systems effectiveness across the business, providing solutions to help deliver GPG goals.
- Provide financial guidance on New Product Development, entry into new markets and other strategic initiatives.
- Mentor and coach the wider Finance and Administration teams.
- Lead initiatives to promote best practice and continuous improvement.
- Provide comprehensive, commercial MI reports, highlighting trends, developments, and variances.
- Co-ordinate a robust budgeting and forecasting process.
- Prepare and present monthly management accounts to the MD and the Board.
- Ensure the delivery of Sales, Manufacturing & Retail performance reporting.
- Manage the year-end audit.
- Drive financial awareness throughout the business.
- Support all departments as needed to facilitate timely and accurate provision of information.
- In consultation with cross departmental stakeholders, identify KPIs for each department to ensure timely and accurate reporting of actual performance against target.
Controls, Audit & Compliance
- Ensure that sufficient procedures, controls and systems exist to enable accurate financial information to be produced throughout the group.
- Ensure that a robust process is in place for the monitoring and controlling of CAPEX and OPEX.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the smooth and effective completion of the annual audit.
- Liaise with outside Legal Counsel (Ireland & US) as required.
- Attend Audit & Risk Committee meetings.
IT & Systems
- Oversee and lead the review, planning, integration and maintenance of ERP systems.
- Strategically develop IT policy in line with best practice and budgetary restrictions.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ACMA / CPA or similar) with circa 10 years’ PQE
- Substantial experience of leading and developing finance functions and teams.
- Adept in working at Board and C-Suite levels
- Strong culture carrier of respect, integrity, and open communications. Encouraging of solid cross functional relations and ensuring finance build a strong finance business partnership model.
- Experience of commercial and operational challenges at the highest levels
- Demonstrable systems and controls development / implementation experience
- Comfortable working in and leading a change and continuous improvement environment
- Excellent communication and natural relationship building skills
Remuneration will be commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this role, please contact Warren Hilton on + 353 1 592 7882 or email or apply via link
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie