Senior Software Developer (C/C++)
About the Position
Our client is a Global luxury car manufacturer producing high-end vehicles and sport utility vehicles. They are creating and building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques.
They are playing a leading part in the future of mobility and automotive for years to come and are the home of premium innovation.
You’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover, in in addition to a full suite of benefits.
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of integrated sub systems elements, which may be physical components, a set of related components or software into vehicle programmes. The individual will work with lead engineers to ensure that valid content is specified, manage specific elements of the supplier delivery against the specification and arrange verification activity to support the vehicle program which meets the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
Project activities include but are not limited to:
- The development of new software components for our vehicles, some examples include Seats control, External Lights, Body Control, Diagnostics, etc;
- Development of new features for existing components, delivering work in an Agile environment;
- Day to day you will work as a technical leader for the delivery of the system or software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost.
- A typical day for a software developer requires a mix of technical knowledge in C/C++, experience with Linux and Hardware, CI/CD activities and different integration activities with 3rd parties and proprietary solutions.
- Other responsibilities include: Contributing to the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required (SaFE), as well as; contributing to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events.
- Professional experience of C version C99+/ C++ version 11+ industry development experience.
- A technical background which is relevant to the system under development
- Practical experience of working with a software-based technology as relevant to the role
- Technically capable of defining, developing, and maintaining full software
- Knowledge of automotive and consumer networks
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms
- Knowledge of ASPICE, V-Model and regulated environments
For more information, on this role or other similar roles please contact Sarah Mac Nulty on ph:015927876, email me or click on the Apply button below!
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie