A great opportunity to join a leading fund services firm here in Dublin as their Head of AML (SVP). Covering a wide variety of investment products across alternative and regulated products. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background of at least 8-10 years in as senior management role within AML, with a demonstrable track record in effecting change and process improvements.
*Brightwater Executive has been retained exclusively for this Head of AML appointment. *
This role offers great exposure to Group due to the regulatory nature of the role, and provides advice and delivery of AML management information reporting, ensuring continuous improvements across streamlining MI reports for variety of areas and stakeholders
Strong in-depth knowledge of AML legislation, core and sectoral guideline notes as well as a demonstrable understanding of the AML requirements associated with various legal entities, fund jurisdictions and PEP's. Ensuring mitigation of risk across any regulatory sanctions, material financial loss and reputational damage.
This person will lead out a team and guide and advise on best practices across the successful enhancement and further development of the AML risk framework across the fund services and depository business.
Lead out business units through internal and external change and assist senior management in ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, business standards, codes of conduct and guidance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong partnership with the business based on trust, capability and integrity.
- Provide high quality advice and guidance to help the business to meet their regulatory, strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ensure that all Investors and Clients meet the due diligence requirements of the Criminal Justice Acts
- Crucially you will develop strong working relationships with Transition, Shareholder Services, Operations, Legal, Depositary and Corporate Governance.
- Develop and streamline the existing Investor and Client CDD process
- Management of a high performing team of AML professionals
- Lead regulatory projects at Board and Regulator level
- Act as the AML subject matter expert for system upgrades and be a key sponsor lead for change projects.
- Key point of contact for Fund MLROs
- Preparation of frequent reporting (statistics and trend analysis) to Company Boards, Executive Committee and clients
- Review and update AML policies and procedures and provide updates to management regarding AML legislative changes
- Identify efficiencies and improvements in processes and controls and liaise with peers and senior management to successfully shape change
- Manage 4MLD & 5MLD implementation and training
Ideal Candidate Profile and Skills Requirements
Key advisor on AML matters with all levels of staff and be capable of effective communication with external organisations.
- Proven track record of at least 8-10 years within AML with strong experience operating at a senior management level.
- Possess a structured and determined approach to work and display a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of fund administration / depository services and have the ability to horizon scan and devise new risk mitigation solutions.
- Direct experience of Lexis Nexis or similar screening systems is a distinct advantage.
- Experience and decisive in considering alternative options for responding to regulatory and strategic challenges. Robust understanding of the Irish and Cayman regulatory framework, covering (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010, the Criminal Justice Act 2013 and the Proceeds of Crime Law in the Cayman Islands.
- Excellent communication skills with extensive experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- The jobholder of this role is deemed to be performing PCF 52 as defined by the CBI
**Highly competitive remuneration package with a strong hybrid working policy – 1 day from work office, 4 days from home office.**
For a confidential discussion on the Head of AML – SVP role, please contact Estelle Davis or email Brightwater Executive or click the apply button below. DD + 353 1 5927844