WHAT TO EXPECT
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our team. This is an opportunity to join a household name automotive brand that's strengthening its engineering department around data science & data driven decision making. You will be using cutting-edge technologies and data science techniques to process, creatively analyse and model large volumes of complex data. The insights gained will support new product and feature development, advance our operations, and contribute to a host of exciting new projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you will get the opportunity to develop value-adding models and algorithms, helping to deliver operational solutions where appropriate. A Senior data scientist will derive, interpret, and deliver results from diverse datasets and communicate meaningful insights to the business. As part of this, you will work with product teams and stakeholders to identify problem statements which can be solved using data science, machine learning and the automation of process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be expected to provide supervision, training and mentoring to less-experienced team members and to share knowledge with others through regular talks, training seminars etc. You should be able to demonstrate practical experience in solving complex business problems through data analysis and data science techniques - using statistical knowledge to support hypothesis testing, experiments and inferences.
You will be expected to have extensive knowledge and experience of Data Privacy by design best practice. Successful applicants will also have experience working with large, unstructured datasets in distributed computing environments (Hive/Hadoop, BiqQuery).
• Extensive experience using Python, R, SQL and optionally other high-level languages.
• Significant practical experience with machine learning techniques, such as classification and regression.
• Significant experience with various data cleansing and pre-processing techniques.
• Experience with cloud computing/platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS).
• Knowledge and/or experience in data management and data governance best practice.
• Experience with time-series data particularly in the industrial space.
• Experience working and delivering projects using Agile software development methodology.
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this Technology job, please contact John Howe on +353 1 592 7868 or email