Production Manager – Industrial
About the Company
We are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager, based Kildare. This Irish company create and produce products related to the coatings industry and are seeing a major increase in the demand for these products
This company have a real focus on their people and providing meaningful, challenging positions for their employees. They have one common goal and all work together to achieve this. They recruit for ambitious people, who are career driven while engaging with their colleagues and clients to produce the best product they can. They appreciate people who can challenge the norm to produce a better, more improved process. Continuous improvement is the mantra for this client, and they offer employees the chance to express themselves in a productive way to achieve their overall long term goals.
About the Position
The Production Manager will be responsible for managing all production operations and will take in maintenance, health & safety, quality, and environmental related issues. The production manager will also be responsible for managing a team of production specialists and will be involved in implementing processes and procedures that ensure daily production is maximized. You will be responsible for special projects related to continuous improvement and bring your team with you on this CI journey.
Within this role you will be involved in
- Daily running of the plant and maintaining a high standard across the operation.
- Production Planning and goal setting
- Working with head of operations on Lean initiatives to create a continuous improvement culture across the plant.
- Manage KPI’s ensure production is operating to the best it can.
- Interact with the warehouse managers to ensure stock levels are sufficient.
- Manage the team in a production, motivated manner and ensure employees are sufficiently challenged in the roles.
- Identify cost saving and energy efficiencies across the plant
- With the Health & Safety Manager you will manage this operation with safety are the forefront
- Work with the head of operations to identify and implement change to improve productivity.
- Manage projects related to plant lay out, capital equipment and major maintenance programs.
- Operate to reliability engineering process and procedures
- Resource planning in relation to raw materials
For this role you are required to have;
- A min or 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- An engineering related degree
- Experience in a Lean environment and ideally a Lean qualification
- Experience in Health & Safety
- Materials management experience.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to motivate people within your team.
- Change management and process improvement experience.
- Ability to embrace new systems and to educate people in this area.
- Attention to detail and the ability to foresee problems before they arise.
The client offers an excellent package along with benefits. They also offer pension. As this is a manufacturing and production role, the obligation is to be on site 5 days a week.
For more information on this position or other engineering roles, please contact Cathal on 01-5927850 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact him directly via email: