About the Company
My client, based in Central Dublin, is the leading promoter and provider of live music and entertainment events in Ireland. Consistently ranked amongst the top 15 promoters in the world they promote events with capacities ranging from 200 to 80,000 across the island of Ireland.
About the Position
We are currently inviting applications for the position of Cost Accountant which will be a full-time permanent position. The role of Cost Accountant is a new and exciting position which will be pivotal in budgeting, analysis, cost control, efficiency enhancement, logistical planning and management of all events.
Working with promoters, event management, the Show Accountant and Financial Director, the Cost Accountant will help prepare show/event budgets, drive efficiencies and then oversee and monitor costs. For larger and outdoor events, you will be involved in the procurement and planning process to ensure resources are shared and utilization is optimized across events and venues.
The Cost Accountant will also be responsible for post-event reconciliations and providing detailed analysis thereafter.
· Procurement, monitoring and optimising expenditure across larger events
· Historical reporting and forecasting on an event-by-event basis
· Management of show budgets and reporting.
· Ensuring that economies and efficiencies are identified and effectively maximised across events
· Assisting with order processes, procurement and management of the purchase order efficiencies
· Variance analysis reporting
· Detailed event analysis
· Qualified Management/Cost Accountant
· Strong project costing / budgeting experience
· Strong Excel skills
· Proven track record of technical competence and commercial aptitude
· Good clear written and verbal communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
· Very high standards in terms of timeliness and accuracy
· Good time and task management skills, and an ability to deal with competing deadlines
· Self-motivated and a problem solver displaying a high degree of initiative
· Salary of €70,000-€80,000 DOE
· 21 days holidays
· Hybrid Working
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie