IT Systems Administrator
About the Company
Our client is a very well-known Irish company with a number of offices covering Ireland, UK and France. They are known as a great place to work and have an excellent tech stack and company culture. They offer very competitive salary and hybrid working.
About the Position
This is a technical role within the IT Operations team. You will work with the existing system administration function providing support on all IT Infrastructure including networks. You will be working alongside multiple partners to ensure solutions & services are fit for purpose. As required, you will be expected to become a stakeholder in technical projects. The role is approx. 50/50 between support and project work.
• Daily administration of I.T. systems: Servers, workstations, and network infrastructure
• Work with managed service partners to ensure availability and performance of systems and key
• Review daily health check reports, identify any problems and troubleshooting issues with partners
• Assist with implementation of new or upgraded services
• Act as escalation point for level 1 service desk and wider IT team
• Work to increase Level 1 knowledge for teams, reviewing escalated cases weekly
• Maintain up to date documentation on all services
• Planning, configuration, and installation of new services
• Manage or input into technical projects as and when required
• 3rd level IT qualification
• 3 years’ experience in similar role
• In-depth knowledge of MS Operating systems (Server 2012 & above), Active Directory, DNS, DHCP,
Group Policy and OS Security. Certifications are a key advantage, ideally to include MCSA
• Administration of O365 environment would be an advantage
• Broad experience of Virtualisation (VMware / VCentre)
• Administration of backup solutions (Veeam an advantage)
• Strong understanding of application delivery controllers & load balancers (where possible Cisco
• Networking – WAN, LAN, and firewall experience
• Storage experience: SAN, NAS or similar storage technologies including network elements a must
• Some Linux/Unix administration knowledge would be an advantage
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written communication and verbal skills
• Ability to prioritise, perform, complete tasks in effective and timely manner
• Methodically resolve the more difficult and complex production issues reported by users, partners, etc.
• Ability to convert business vision into technical solutions
Good salary (negotiable) and multiple benefits including a very strong pension contribution (up to 10%) and hybrid working.
This is an opportunity to join an excellent company where there are genuine opportunities to advance and learn new skills. Please apply today for full details.
Please contact Derek Smyth on 01 5927861 or email or simply click the apply button.
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website www.brightwater.ie