C, C++, DevOps Engineer
About the Position
Our client is Dublin based, Irish owned software company with customers in Europe and USA. They are recruiting an experienced Engineer to work on their cutting-edge cloud based software in the communications business. You will join a small, focused team and work closely with product managers and developers to deliver solutions to delight customers, using latest features and technologies.
The successful candidate will contribute to the design, development and implementation of the Amiba Cloud UCaaS and CCaaS products. The role encompasses both software development of the features and facilities in addition to design and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure to host the mission critical software. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in software development using C, C++ and other languages plus experience of cloud architecture and Linux.
What you can expect:
- Life in a fast-moving environment and all that entails
- Competitive salary – 60,000 – 75,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-lifestyle benefits (tailor your options to what is important to you; i.e. Health care, fitness, travel, continuous professional development etc)
- Pension Scheme
- All the tools and supports needed to do an excellent job
- A dynamic workplace with a great balance of hard work and fun
- A culture of innovation and a structure in which to innovate
- A nurturing team-oriented environment with mentorship as a key feature of the dynamic
• Develop software in C/C++ for cloud based applications according to high level design specifications
• Participate in high level design architecture definition for new products.
• Develop test plans and test cases to verify the correct functionality against the requirements
• Report findings (SW Bugs) on configuration management tool.
• Design, configure and maintain automated mechanisms to ensure high availability of the cloud-based network.
• Deal with network problems arising and provide root cause analysis.
• Develop and implement test strategies and disaster recovery procedures.
• Identify, research, evaluate and recommend network related tools and emerging network technologies.
You will bring:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a C/C++ software developer
- Experience in other Object Orientated Languages.
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience using AWS or other cloud servers
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycle (Specification, Design, Development, Testing & Integration and Maintenance)
- Familiar with software management systems and repository usage (.git)
- Capable of working in an agile, informal environment
- Be eager to learn new skills and collaborate with others to deliver high quality designs
For more information, on this role or other similar IT roles please contact Sarah Mac Nulty on ph:015927876, email me or click on the Apply button below!
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie