Senior Electrical Project Manager – Offshore Wind Projects
About the Company
We are currently working with one of Ireland’s leading consultancies who Project Manage a number of programs related to power, transmission and distribution and offshore programs. They are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager with experience in offshore power to work on some of Ireland’s most essential projects. This client is looking for people who are self-starters, passionate about project management and have strong technical knowledge in that area or power and distribution. You will be able to manage a number of projects simultaneously and have the ability to look at the bigger picture when it comes to overall project delivery.
This role is based from Cork
This role is suited to people from a consulting background.
This client is one of Europe’s leading names in energy and engineering and carry a reputation of quality and innovation in the areas of Renewable Energy.
About the Position
These projects are related to offshore projects.
This position is project management of schedule, budget, risks and issues for voltages at 110kV and 220kV, new 220/400kV GIS and cable replacements and HVDC.
- Developing and deploying project controls and planning strategies, processes, procedures and systems to ensure effective - integrated scope, cost and schedule planning.
- Development and agreement of project baselines (scope, cost, time).
- Efficient progress measurement and earned value management reports.
- Change management and control.
- Development of reports, KPI’s and dashboards
- Constructability Assessments on greenfield sites.
- Represent the company to the client in all aspects of the projects.
- Claims and dispute management
- Manage construction teams and project schedules.
- Procurement of front-end electrical engineering
- Project Controls
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, utilities and grid companies
- CAPEX management
For this role you are required to have
- 5 years experience in project management
- Substation experience
- Experience in offshore programs.
- Knowledge of the technical specification design function
- Health & Safety Management
- Project Management experience
- Bid and Tender experience.
- Client and sub-contractor management
- A reputation for project delivery
- Worked in the Commercial/Industrial sector
The client offers an excellent package along with a car allowance. They also offer pension, healthcare and a bonus structure.
For more information on this position or other engineering roles, please contact Cathal on 01-5927850 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact him directly via email: