Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you an innovative Business Intelligence professional who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges? Join us and start doing your life's best work.
We want to achieve more in our mission of health care, and so we have to be really smart about the business of health care. Our client is changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Business Intelligence skills to work as you empower business partners and team members improve healthcare delivery.
This position plays a pivotal role in advancing the Analytics & Reporting function within the RQ [Risk & Quality] organization. Specifically, the successful candidate will work as part of a small but growing team responsible for developing industry leading client reports - leveraging data visualization best practice and modern technologies. We are seeking someone who is self-directed yet creative as you will be tasked with very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must possess strong interpersonal skills, be challenged by delivering against tight deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you’ll be responsible for the products you create from start to finish. You’ll be involved in all aspects of ETL development, from initial customer requirements and brainstorming sessions, to partnering with our partners to obtain the data necessary, to building, testing and scheduling a world-class data pipeline. You will work with the broadest possible range of database technologies including the leading RDBMS and NOSQL solutions. Together with your peers, you will constantly push the boundaries of engineering by introducing and leveraging new technologies to support exceptional data-driven experiences for our users.
You have a pragmatic mindset and be able to work in an environment that is constantly and rapidly changing, be in requirements or the technologies used.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including business partners, SMEs, and BAs to build new dashboards and performance reporting to monitor and improve business performance
- Interact with internal customers to effectively design, implement, operationalize and document reporting that accurately captures business requirements
- Manage implementation of reporting enhancements and changes
- Support ad hoc data reporting and data analysis
- Communicate with various functional areas and translate technical concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Develop new processes using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Identify opportunities to improve processes
- Potential for future people management responsibilities
- Leverage new technologies to drive innovation in BI & Analytics
- Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven experience performing significant data analysis (e.g. SQL) and report development
- Extensive experience with Data Visualization / Dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Business Objects, MicroStrategy)
- Experience with data blending /ETL tools (e.g. Alteryx, SSIS, Oracle DI, Talend)
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and orally to individuals and groups
- Proven ability to lead Business Intelligence projects
- The ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin office is required.
- Tableau certification
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience working with healthcare analytical products or datasets
- Programming experience e.g. Python
- Great core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and colour
- Understanding of HIVE, SPARK and components within Big data architecture
- Experience of managing a small team
For a confidential and discreet conversation to understand more about this Technology job, please contact John Howe on +353 1 592 7868 or email