Cyber Security Architect
About the Company
My client is a world leading wireless technology innovator. They have an immediate requirement for a Cyber Security Architect to join their team. This is a great opportunity to join one of the most established and innovative companies in the industry!
About the Position
A world leader in the Wireless Devices space is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Architect. You will with cross-functional teams to develop and implement security standards and lead technical discussions to ensure the right path is followed to project completion.
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in simple to moderately complex data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Automation - The ability to use scripting and programming knowledge to code and create basic automation processes.
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness. This includes developing personal creativity, approaching the problem differently, and asking for others' opinions. This also includes exposing one's self to new ideas, trends, and environments.
• Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Hacker Mentality - The ability to examine information systems and use components in ways they were not designed for. This includes identifying ways to exploit vulnerabilities and change system behavior.
• IT Security Infrastructure - Knowledge of hardware, software, operating systems, cloud, storage, and networking that support IT security infrastructure.
• Root Cause Analysis - The ability to understand the cause of an issue and contribute to identifying the appropriate solution.
• Technical Documentation - The ability to appropriately document software and/or hardware specifications to promote knowledge transfer to other peers.
• Technical Roadmap - The ability to understand and align solutions to the current technical roadmap.
• Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of systematic approaches to solving common technical problems (e.g., hardware, software, application, operational). This includes the ability to identify problems and report and escalate problems according to established procedures, and the ability to identify available information resources for troubleshooting.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field:
• 5+ years experience in IT, Cyber Security, or related area.
• 3+ year experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, etc.
• 4+ years experience in software and/or application testing (e.g., creating test cases and prototype environments, QA, software or application testing).
• 2+ years leadership role in projects/programs.
2+ years experience developing and/or assessing IT architectural designs
5+ years of experience cyber security experience in the following areas:
• Web applications
• Cryptography fundamentals
• OS Hardening
• IAM Principles / Authentication and Authorization
• Basic scripting and automating capabilities
• Common operating systems and business application platforms including an understanding of their enterprise architecture and integration patterns
• Hands-on experience with major cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Familiarity with security frameworks such as OWASP, NIST CSF, etc.
• Ability to understand and collaborate on technical concepts related to software architecture, data and reporting, and user experience.
Very generous daily rate on offer depending on experience.
For more information on this role or other IT roles, please contact Sam Laheen on 01-4871183 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact him directly via email: