About the Company
Our client are a leading Global Healthcare group with multiple sites across Ireland. They develop, manufacture and supply a range of Pharmaceuticals, Biologics, Medical Devices and Diagnostics Globally. They have a presence in Ireland with multiple manufacturing operations and commercial offices. Due to success and expansion plans at their Biologics facility in Ireland, they are hiring an EHS Support Specialist to join the EHS team.
About the Position
The EHS Support Specialist will be in charge of developing various elements of the EHS management system (SMS), mostly comprising of standard operating procedures, global standards and local laws. In addition, the successful candidate will be heavily involved in developing, supporting training packages and risk assessments. Other responsibilities in support of the SMS may also be required as the programme develops.
• Develop and implement SOPs and Training packages on education of same including on the job training packages (OJTs) where required.
• Ensures compliance with applicable Regulatory and corporate health and safety requirements in a manner consistent with continued plant profitability. Ensure local adherence with corporate policies and reporting in accordance with corporate requirements.
• The EHS Specialist will work closely with the EHS Lead, and other members of staff in order to add value to all EHS programmes on site.
• Identify and Solve any deficiencies in the current EHS management systems that increase risk or liability.
• Develop a close working relationship with the training lead to ensure a smooth transition of developed EHS-SOPs into training curriculum and delivery via an automated Learning Management System.
• Assist in developing the training matrix including delivery of relevant EHS training, coordinate internal training programmes where required on the SOPs and training packages developed.
• Develop a system for all required EHS related site registers for e.g. Lifting, MEWP, Ladders, Scaffolds, contractors, O zone depleting register and PPE register etc in line the ongoing development of SOPs
• Liaise with stakeholders to develop technical risk assessments and implement controls as required.
• Take part in other Health & Safety initiatives and projects as required.
• Focus on continuous improvement, across all site functions, as the goal of the business includes Zero Incidents for the site as well as Safety and Environmental Excellence.
• 2-5 years’ experience in a similar position in the Pharmaceutical Industry or other highly regulated environment.
• Proven Experience in development of high-quality SOPs, training packages, standards and risk assessments.
• Experience in Training design and delivery.
• Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety.
Excellent contracting rates.
For more information on this position or other Life Science roles, please contact Miruna Holban on 01-592 7855 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact her directly via email;
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie