My client provides asset, payment and treasury services to financial institutions and asset owners worldwide. They are looking to hire a Compliance Officer for their Investor and Treasury services platform. This is a 12 mth contract.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for :
Supporting the Head of Compliance, Ireland with the implementation of regulatory and compliance risk management and controls for the I&TS Ireland businesses. Provides independent oversight of regulatory and compliance risks and controls as they relate to laws, regulations and regulatory expectations which govern the activities of the I&TS offices in Ireland.
· Accountable for the establishment and maintenance of a compliance framework covering I&TS in accordance with applicable banking and securities laws/regulations and Global compliance standards, including ongoing:
o Identification and assessment of applicable regulatory and compliance risk;
o Accountable for helping to ensure the Compliance Monitoring Framework is appropriately implemented across the relevant businesses within the geography;
o Accountable for the design and maintenance of policies and procedures to address the identified risks;
o Accountable for the design and maintenance of appropriate training programs;
o Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of appropriate compliance monitoring programs and systems;
o Escalation of significant regulatory and compliance risk issues and deficiencies to the Head of Compliance, Ireland, Ireland Management Committee and the Head of Compliance Monitoring & Oversight; and
o In conjunction with the relevant businesses, ensure an appropriate and effective response to and resolution of any compliance issues or deficiencies identified.
- Accountable for ensuring regulatory compliance requirements are taken into account at an early stage in new strategies, initiatives such as acquisitions and alliances, and new products and services.
- Accountable for contributing to the development and implementation of a regulatory compliance self-monitoring and self-assessment process to identify compliance gaps and necessary remedial steps.
- Accountable for the establishment and maintenance of positive relationships with applicable regulators.
- Acquire / Maintain detailed knowledge of applicable market conduct, securities, fiduciary, collective investment schemes, banking, prudential regulations and best practices and relevant internal RBC policies and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring processes are in place to identify, address and communicate new developments and requirements and effect timely implementation of changes to policy and processes and make corresponding adjustments to compliance requirements and management controls.
- Accountable for the reporting on a timely basis and in adequate format of significant compliance issues and relevant updates, significant regulatory developments and regulatory exams and internal compliance initiatives, both to the Head of Compliance, Ireland, the Ireland Management Committee and the Head of Compliance Monitoring & Oversight.
- In collaboration with the Head of Compliance, Ireland and the Compliance Chief Administration Officer Europe & Asia contribute effectively and timely to the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting activities of I&TS Ireland based on established requirements.
- Provide advice and counsel on compliance and regulatory risk matters to relevant businesses and functions within I&TS Ireland.
- Accountable for contributing to the regulatory change agenda and has maximum flexibility to pursue enterprise and businesses’ strategic objectives within the governmental and regulatory environments in which I&TS Ireland operates.
Skills and Experience
· Strong knowledge of AML, compliance and regulatory risk management practices
· Degree educated in analytical subjects including economics, audit, risk management and legal.
· Good understanding of EU and local Regulations
· Strong transformation leadership skills
· Accountability, leadership, initiative, teamwork,
· Works well in a matrix environment.
· At least 4 to 7 years’ experience
· Ability to interact with external and internal stakeholders
· Strong analytical skills and attention to details
· Exercise good judgment, confidentiality and discretion in communicating with colleagues and partners.
Salary up to 65,000 including full benefits
For more information on this position or other finance roles, please contact Martina Maher on 01-5927886 or hit the apply button below to send your cv. Alternatively, contact her directly via email;
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie