Expense Analyst F.T.C.
My client, a global Insurance company, is looking for a Qualified / Part-Qualified Accountant to fill a position in the Planning and Performance Management (“PPM”) team reporting to the PPM team lead.
Initially this is a 15 month contract position. The PPM team is responsible for the provision of financial management information to the Irish General Insurance business, producing the annual comprehensive 3 year P&L Budget, and work closely with local Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) team to ensure the integrity of the Financial Statements. This is a Management Accountant role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Performance Management of Expenses, ensuring that functional managers fully understand their Budgeted Expenses and their performance to these targets.
· Annually produce a comprehensive 3 year Expense Budget for the General Insurance business, explaining movements and providing commentary on movements from previous forecasts.
· Working with the business to update forecasts for inclusion in reporting pack on a quarterly basis.
· Reporting of actual results versus forecasts to Group including commentary.
· Work closely with back office support teams located in Zurich’s Centre of Excellence to ensure integrity in the Monthly reported Expenses
· Understanding the expense results and communicating these to business management teams and underwriting where required.
· Produce Monthly management information packs.
· Conduct variance analysis and provide business commentary.
· Providing the necessary financial support for production of Business unit reviews packs.
· Ad-hoc Management information reports.
· Respond to business queries and follow up on identified issues.
· Work closely with local Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) team to ensure correct booking of all accounting numbers and to ensure the integrity of the entity balance sheet.
· Work with business partners on ad hoc projects, acting as a Finance Business Partner.
· Continuous development of tools and automation of processes in reporting area.
Your Skills and Experience
· Qualified / Part Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
· +4 Years’ experience in an Analytical Role.
· Strong academic background with relevant Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience within the Insurance industry is desirable but not essential.
· Strong analytical skills
· Expert Microsoft excel / PowerPoint skills are essential
· Understanding of Irish GAAP and IFRS
· Previous experience in working with consolidation ledgers (SAP) is an advantage
· Understanding of Insurance and Financial Services.
· Positive, flexible can-do attitude.
· Take ownership for area of responsibility.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Self-starter with ability to use own initiative.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
For more information on this role or any other Accountancy roles contact Conal O'Connor on 01 5927858, or e-mail or click on the apply button below
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie