Senior Financial Accountant
About the Company
A highly regarded and well-known global materials manufacturer and product solutions provider is looking to hire a Senior Financial Accountant for their new Centre of Excellence to be based in Dublin 2. This is an excellent opportunity for to join a highly dynamic and innovative global organisation with an amazing culture and exciting growth plans for Dublin. It will be a hybrid role with the flexibility between home and office.
About the Position
Reporting to the Accounting Manager , the Senior GL Accountant is responsible for initial preparation of general accounting and financial reporting activities for assigned entities, including journal entries/reconciliations, statutory reporting/compliance, and other ad-hoc activities.
• Responsibility for maintenance of the GL, intercompany accounting and reconciliations
• Complete adjustments, accruals and other types of journal entries in accordance with the financial standards and controls framework.
• Lead statutory reporting preparation, compliance activities and governance processes for specific entities and support any associated audits.
• Help to maintain ledgers within SAP, providing accurate and consistent records of assets, liabilities and transactions.
• Ensure that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards
• Support annual US GAAP audit process where applicable. • Indirect tax return review and support where needed.
• Compliance with internal controls (SOX).
• Accountancy Qualification- ACA,ACCA,CIMA,CPA
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably from a centre of excellence or similar organisation
• In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and regulations- US GAAP
• Strong interpersonal and communication with ability to manage cross functional stakeholder and teams across all levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical and time management skills.
• Experience with SAP or another ERP system is a distinct advantage
Competitive salary and benefits on offer
To discuss this role further or other accountancy jobs please contact Jean O'Donovan on 01 5927846 or by email or click the apply button
To view all live jobs with Brightwater and market insights, please visit our website; www.brightwater.ie